Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 08:04 AM

Re: A Bad Reaction To Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts

mmm How about Liquorice Pipes with Thousand and One on top! yummy!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
mmm How about Liquorice Pipes with Thousand and One on top! yummy!
I used to love those!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 08:27 AM

Well I'm devastated....I love allsorts and liquorice in all its forms so this news on top of the previous info on allsorts raising your blood pressure has ruined my day!

You are such a spoil sport Arty

Only joking
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 09:19 AM

I’m sorry, summer. I know how much you love liquorice allsorts and you know they are my favourites too.

I don’t think it was the liquorice that l reacted to, it was the sulphites contained in the sweets. Most people are fine with sulphites but l even get a bad headache from some wines that have too many sulphites in them.

I also looked at the ingredients of this company’s other popular confectionary, Jelly Babies and Wine Gums. They also contain sulphites!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 09:26 AM

I am partial to liquorice but dislike allsorts.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 10:03 AM

My Dad still calls liquorice 'Spanish'.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 06:54 PM

Well, I'll be damned, I wondered why Licorish allsorts always give me a migraine. I love them, but I finally had to give them up.........
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Well, I'll be damned, I wondered why Licorish allsorts always give me a migraine. I love them, but I finally had to give them up.........
Bluey, Do you know if the Liquorice Allsorts you ate, had sulphites added to them?
If it was a while back, l suppose, regulations hadn’t come into force where manufacturers are obliged to list the additives added to the product.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Bluey, Do you know if the Liquorice Allsorts you ate, had sulphites added to them?
If it was a while back, l suppose, regulations hadn’t come into force where manufacturers are obliged to list the additives added to the product.
Hi Arty,

Ours are Maynard's Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts. I just looked up the ingredient list and here is what is in it in Canada:

INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, TREACLE, GLUCOSE SYRUP, WHEAT FLOUR, DESICCATED COCONUT, GELATIN, MODIFIED STARCH, CARAMEL, CORNFLOUR, COLOURS (PLAIN CARAMEL, SULPHITE AMMONIA CARAMEL, CARMINES, INDIGO CARMINE, QUINOLINE YELLOW, TITANIUM DIOXIDE), LIQUORICE EXTRACT, FAT REDUCED COCOA POWDER, FLAVOURINGS, GELLING AGENTS (VEGETABLE OIL, CARNAUBA WAX)
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 07:29 PM

The bad reaction to them I have is that they make me fat

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top