Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 05:41 PM

Re: If you lived in a previous era.

If we are talking about going back centuries, I would liked to have been a princess at the very least, living in a castle with roaring fires (don't like the cold), with bountiful food, someone to fill my bath every morning, brush and fix my hair, dress me and ensure my comfort all day. Anything less and I would be one of the cold and starving! definitely not for me!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
If we are talking about going back centuries, I would liked to have been a princess at the very least, living in a castle with roaring fires (don't like the cold), with bountiful food, someone to fill my bath every morning, brush and fix my hair, dress me and ensure my comfort all day. Anything less and I would be one of the cold and starving! definitely not for me!
I'm not sure that personal hygiene would have afforded you that a few centuries ago.

The Palace of Versailles had very few toilets let alone bathrooms.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I reckon we could have teamed up basser and cornered the world market. Hendrix who?
I might be going to see God next year. Eric that is...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Drama queen
Would be nice to be pampered though. I'll dress as a knight and do my Sir Lancelot bit for you if you like
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I might be going to see God next year. Eric that is...
See,now you would be saying I might be going to see Basser & Longdogs, the worlds greatest guitarists bar none. Not even Eric.

Excellent by the way, should be good.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-12-2018, 06:24 PM

See,now you would be saying I might be going to see Basser & Longdogs, the worlds greatest guitarists bar none. Not even Eric.

Excellent by the way, should be good.
Depends on funds mate. It's at the Royal Albert Hall and would cost a fortune. By the time I get straightened out the tickets might be all gone anyway
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
In my case, probably a crofter. That's what my father's side did - in the Outer Hebrides off the north west coast of Scotland.

Would I like to back to that? Not likely!
That's the life I was born into on Mull, Dad also had another job but we loved it. It was because of my mother that we moved to the Mainland.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 08:14 PM

A naughty buccaneer back in the golden age, sans wooden leg and parrot.

That means you would keep falling over.
You're right dogs, I hadn't thought of that, plus the old parrot is a bit of a bind but good company at times.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 11:10 PM

I am not sure I would like fleeing from France, I think mine were lucky not to have been beheaded!

The clothes in bygone days!!!
Let alone the underwear.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
That's the life I was born into on Mull, Dad also had another job but we loved it. It was because of my mother that we moved to the Mainland.
To Caithness?
Quite a change.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top