Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 08:26 AM

Re: What sort of art do you have in your home?

Hi

Interesting about wife who is a glass artist.

I have a few friggers in my house, friggers being the origin of the term frigging about.

I also have some glass which is a lovely light shade of green, irreplaceable, as that colour was achieved by putting Uranium Oxide in the mix.

I am redecorating at the moment, so most of my stuff is packed out of harms way, but I will do some photos as soon as I can.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 09:51 AM

We have mostly seascapes (watercolours) with two bigger paintings in the dining room. One is a picture of two Arab Stallions in the desert (my wife is a horse nut) and one is a print of "The Rugby Match" by William Barnes Wollen (my obsession).
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 09:58 AM

Since moving, far too much for my new walls to take!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 10:11 AM

My pictures are all originals bought from the local museum and art gallery and all by local artists.
Three water colours of iris, clematis and welsh poppies.
Two different studies in oils of the local shopping arcade (unchanged from the 1950's) one of donkeys at my back garden fence by my artistic brother in law, in acrylics and a couple of computer drawings by my very talented granddaughter from when she was a talented schoolgirl.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 09:23 AM

On the chimney breast wall I have a huge mirror. The rest of my wall decorations are just pictures I've printed and framed myself - memories of place I've been...

My favourites are a group of four pictures showing the different views from the top of the Empire State Building. I took lots of pictures from all angles - lovely memories of a holiday I won't forget.
On another wall I have a grouping of old black/white photos that I had digitally enlarged - my school pic - Tony's school pic - my family at the seaside. Lovely memories all around me.

I used to have a couple of watercolour paintings and an oil one but I gave them to the charity shop.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 11:07 AM

It is quite surprising how many of you have poppies in your pictures.
I'm not knocking it, please understand..

Carol mentions giving her watercolours to a charity shop. There's a lot of good stuff that goes through them, and they are sold on for peanuts. Why bother going through a gallery shop when, with a bit off patience, you can get stuff just as good in a charity shop.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 12:17 PM

I mentioned in a previous post, the artist, stained glass maker, Paul Woodroffe. This is hanging in the fourth bedroom - The Cat and the Fiddle. It illustrated one page of - A Book of Nursery Rhymes - with music on the opposite page by Joseph Moorat. The latter's daughter lived next door to us for many years.

Manatee
New Member!
SE
Manatee is male 

28-01-2016, 04:57 AM

Some of our decorations are framed postcards. Some were hand painted scenes by a lady that resided in Florence Italy. Others are travel souvenirs. Some are framed singly, others in groups of 4.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top