Join for free
Page 3 of 276 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 03:32 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Thanks shropshiregirl.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 02:01 PM

OK, I've had scans before, particularly 18 months ago when I was in hospital but I'm not sure if they were full MRI scans...my memory of that time is a tad nebulous.

What happens if you have metal parts in your body? I understand that I'll be entering what's basically a very powerful magnet and I have a titanium plate in my jaw and pins in my left elbow.

There is a horror story in today's DM: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
OK, I've had scans before, particularly 18 months ago when I was in hospital but I'm not sure if they were full MRI scans...my memory of that time is a tad nebulous.

What happens if you have metal parts in your body? I understand that I'll be entering what's basically a very powerful magnet and I have a titanium plate in my jaw and pins in my left elbow.

There is a horror story in today's DM: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments
Just make sure that you advise the people doing the scan that you have metal in your body and they will know how to deal with it. You won't be the first person that had needed an MRI scan, with metal in his body, so try not to worry!
Ask them if you will be safe in the scanner, and don't get in until they can assure you that it will not cause any problems.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 02:58 PM

A bit of topic, but maybe worth mentioning. If you have any metal parts in your body, you should never use the Tens pain relief machines either. This was very firmly impressed on to me by the surgeon who put all my bits of metal in.

Sorry for going off topic but the above posts jogged my memory.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

01-02-2018, 03:54 PM

Today I phoned the MRI team and they reassured me that the titanium plate in my jaw, plus the metal pins in my left elbow won't be a problem for the MRI.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 03:55 PM

Today I phoned the MRI team and they reassured me that the titanium plate in my jaw, plus the metal pins in my left elbow won't be a problem for the MRI.
That's reassuring for you Dreamy
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

01-02-2018, 04:38 PM

Now I'm worried about my tattoos - I only have 3 fairly small ones but am not sure of the pigment used. There is a lot of misinformation out there.

There was an episode of House where a patient's tattoos started burning during an MRI and they didn't switch the machine off.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 04:51 PM

Now I'm worried about my tattoos - I only have 3 fairly small ones but am not sure of the pigment used. There is a lot of misinformation out there.

There was an episode of House where a patient's tattoos started burning during an MRI and they didn't switch the machine off.
You will be fine Dreamy. You have a button to press anyway.
I wish someone could go with you.
I stayed in the room with my hubby.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

01-02-2018, 05:32 PM

I'm sure it was just a CT scan I had before (that I can remember, anyway) and there was no button to push.

I know I'm worrying probably needlessly but I can't help it. The internet isn't always a good thing.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

01-02-2018, 05:47 PM

I'm sure it was just a CT scan I had before (that I can remember, anyway) and there was no button to push.

I know I'm worrying probably needlessly but I can't help it. The internet isn't always a good thing.
You are my sweet.
There is a panic button.

Page 3 of 276 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top