Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 06:40 PM

Talking Pictures

How nice to go back in time and watch old films on the 'Talking Picture Channel'

Very old interesting films without any profanities, from yesteryear where you can hear the Actors speak without mumbling

Sadly many if the Actors are no longer here.

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 06:47 PM

Re: Talking Pictures

I agree, I watch or record programmes from this channel regularly - I'm recording The Three Worlds of Gulliver this afternoon, a film I saw as a kid in one of the local flea-pits (Curzon cinema). It was made as a children's story but the real story was a social satire of 18th century mores.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I agree, I watch or record programmes from this channel regularly - I'm recording The Three Worlds of Gulliver this afternoon, a film I saw as a kid in one of the local flea-pits (Curzon cinema). It was made as a children's story but the real story was a social satire of 18th century mores.
Yes, Judd, all a pleasure to watch, much better than the boring offerings on TV.
It is like watching 'old friends'

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 06:58 PM

What & where is ... 'Talking Picture Channel' ?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 07:25 PM

My dad watches that channel all the time, he says he likes how they have movies and programmes on without the bad language and terrible violence. He says it takes him back and he likes that.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

12-08-2018, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
What & where is ... 'Talking Picture Channel' ?
On my TV it is No 81 Digital, or find it on Google, d00d.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
On my TV it is No 81 Digital, or find it on Google, d00d.

Thanks ... I googled, and yes 81 on Freeview. Will check it out.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 09:28 PM

And it’s channel 306 on Freesat.
The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre is on atm
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

13-08-2018, 08:43 PM

Just watched Robert Mitchum and Jean Simmonds on Talking Pictures in 'Beautiful But Dangerous'

Robert grabs her in his manly arms and kisses her.
She then looks him in the eyes and says
"You Taste like Chocolate" OoooooH.!
Well did you ever? No, I never!!
Tasted a man who tasted like chocolate

Tasted one who tasted like Fish and Chips, another who tasted like Garlic, another who tasted like Rice Pudding, and another who tasted like Cabbage.

What have I been missing?

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Just watched Robert Mitchum and Jean Simmonds on Talking Pictures in 'Beautiful But Dangerous'

Robert grabs her in his manly arms and kisses her.
She then looks him in the eyes and says
"You Taste like Chocolate" OoooooH.!
Well did you ever? No, I never!!
Tasted a man who tasted like chocolate

Tasted one who tasted like Fish and Chips, another who tasted like Garlic, another who tasted like Rice Pudding, and another who tasted like Cabbage.

What have I been missing?

I reckon our very own Mr LongDogs will taste like chocolate, well, he is right sweet and I bet he's good enough to eat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top