Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:34 PM

Re: Teenage Years Good Telly and Music.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There might be some episodes on youtube, might be worth a look.

While we are on about F troup, can you remember the name of a similar programme, probably mid to late seventies about Civil war soldiers.? It was in colour and ran for weeks. I'm sure it had a similar title.
Late 70's was a very mixed up time for me left home came to seek my fortune darn sarf in the smoke lived in the West End for some years got married had a nipper or two really was not a time for me to watch tv to busy earning a crust working all hours the 80's was no better if I remember rightly.
At a guess it could well have been Branded (Chuck Connor's) fresh from his Rifleman series. But that may have been late 60's not 70's so I may well be wrong LD.

longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:42 PM

God I loved this series The Beverly Hillbillies.

Yes the sure don't make em like this no more Ma..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:49 PM

No, it's not that LF. I might be barking up the wrong tree as they say.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There might be some episodes on youtube, might be worth a look.

While we are on about F troup, can you remember the name of a similar programme, probably mid to late seventies about Civil war soldiers.? It was in colour and ran for weeks. I'm sure it had a similar title.
Would it be Branded series!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Would it be Branded series!

Not sure solo. It looks right but I don't recognise the title. Probably making it all up as usual.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 05:01 PM

Have a look here LD:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ivil_War#1970s
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-09-2018, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Have a look here LD:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ivil_War#1970s
Can't see it there Tess.
longfellow
Chatterbox

21-09-2018, 05:07 PM

Looking at the list I would say it would have to be The Blue and Gray early 80s LD.

https://youtu.be/VkerD0BDhgY
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-09-2018, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Looking at the list I would say it would have to be The Blue and Gray early 80s LD.

https://youtu.be/VkerD0BDhgY
I looked at that for a long time LF. Yes it could well be. Sometimes we just remember things differently. Whatever it was, it was good. I also think there were some later versions of F troupe that were in colour.

I wonder if, in twenty years time, any of us will be able to look back to TV programmes being shown now with fond memories?
longfellow
Chatterbox

21-09-2018, 05:11 PM

Plus you had the North and South a series with Patrick Swayze in it that was a very good series.

Gonna watch Blue and Gray now I have seen it on Youtube. Still get hooked on Westerns I guess.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top