Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 06:53 PM

Re: Photo problems posting/viewing

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Windows 10 has completely disorganized my photos, they're all over the place, when I downloaded them from an external hard drive from my old laptop, they are so hard to find, drives my crazy!
I'm having to redo folder after folder and put in order. Thousands of photos from years and years. Not that I think that has anything to do with these problems now.
I thought I'd try this too.

I had a hell of a job finding the picture I was looking for. For some reason it's not where I last left it.

I'm becoming heartily sick and tired of Windows making unwanted changes.

I hope this has worked. Yes!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitten in trouble 3.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	7822  
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 08:21 PM

Aw cute kitty JBR!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Aw cute kitty JBR!
Marge didn't think so at the time!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 09:59 PM

I can't post any photos as postimages.org is still down for me.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:22 PM

I can see all my images and presume they can be seen by everyone else. I changed to using Imgur when Photobucket made third-party hosting so expensive. I have no trouble with Imgur that I know of.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-10-2018, 11:35 PM

I may be talking out of my backside here, and I confess that I have never used either Postimages or Photobucket, but I post my images directly from my Windows 'Pictures' folder.

As I said, I'm no expert in this field, but wouldn't it be easier to just post pictures as jpegs directly from your computer?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I may be talking out of my backside here, and I confess that I have never used either Postimages or Photobucket, but I post my images directly from my Windows 'Pictures' folder.

As I said, I'm no expert in this field, but wouldn't it be easier to just post pictures as jpegs directly from your computer?
That's what I do.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I like a picture to show full size in the body of posts, rather than it being a thumbnail that has to be clicked on to enlarge it. This being done by uploading the image to an image hosting site and then putting a BBCode link to it in the post. This is just a preference though.

It's something that I got into the habit of doing many years ago in a place where there was no facility for uploading pictures from the Windows folder. The only way to post a picture was to use an image hosting site.

Also, once the picture/photo is uploaded to an image hosting site, it is saved there for anywhere else that I might want to link to it from.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I like a picture to show full size in the body of posts rather than it being a thumbnail that has to be clicked on to enlarge it. This being done by uploading the image to an image hosting site and then putting a BBCode link to it in the post. This is just a preference though.

It's something that I got into the habit of doing many years ago in a place where there was no facility for uploading pictures from the Windows folder. The only way to post a picture was to use an image hosting site.

Also, once the picture/photo is uploaded to an image hosting site, it is saved there for anywhere else that I might want to link to it from.
I did that for years with Photobucket, then they got greedy. I did try Postimage but can't get on with it. Most forums do now have the ability for you to post direct from your pc & I prefer it, saves a lot of messing around.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

01-11-2018, 12:00 AM

I don't mind it and it always seems to work OK for me.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top