Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 12:16 PM

Re: Driverless Cars

Some folks are "Virtually" there already OGF.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

That's a great idea Longdogs, it would certainly cut down on the fatal motorbike accidents.....

And you could have driverless prams, put your sprog in and the pram would walk itself......

And what about 'Smart' dog leads......?

The possibilities are endless.......

In fact.......there would be no need for humans at all.....
We would all have to go to the pub.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We would all have to go to the pub.
I'm looking at AI in a whole new light Spitty and Longdogs....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 07:24 AM

Great points about the advantages of driverless cars.

My parents practically have one now. It slams on the brakes when necessary, parallel parks, warns when you are going out of your lane, holds a distance behind the car in front of you, and warns of cars that are in your blind spot if you start to signal that you are changing lanes. My problem so far has been trusting the thing to do what it's programmed to do.

I trust a driverless car far more than many of people I see currently on the road, or coming out of a pub - like Longdogs
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Great points about the advantages of driverless cars.

My parents practically have one now. It slams on the brakes when necessary, parallel parks, warns when you are going out of your lane, holds a distance behind the car in front of you, and warns of cars that are in your blind spot if you start to signal that you are changing lanes. My problem so far has been trusting the thing to do what it's programmed to do.

I trust a driverless car far more than many of people I see currently on the road, or coming out of a pub - like Longdogs
Hic!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 04:28 PM

On a slightly different tack...

In a paper mill I used to have AGVs, automatically guided vehicles. These were large trucks that carried the finished 16 tonne reels of paper for the paper machine to the converting machine. Driverless - they were programmed to follow a track laid in the mill floor. There were sensors to the proximity of a pedestrian or an object in their path to avoid collisions.

Worked just fine. And that was decades ago.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:01 PM

There are no drivers in these trucks each carrying 60 tonnes of ore hour after hour, day after day.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	170501 013 Kalgoorlie Super Pit.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	7853  
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 05:30 PM

OK you stand at the bus stop and hop on...no driver no nothing its small at the moment but things maybe to come.

https://downtown.vegas/downtown-loop...november-2017/

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top