Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:44 AM

Re: Christmas Decorations.

The children would be transfixed to that tree,Nicol,absolutely beautiful !.thanks for sharing.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:51 PM

Hi

One annoying thing was sorted this morning.

Zac and Derek are back late last night.

The Hoodie who takes a delight in gobbing in my garden will not be gobbing anywhere for some time.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

One annoying thing was sorted this morning.

Zac and Derek are back late last night.

The Hoodie who takes a delight in gobbing in my garden will not be gobbing anywhere for some time.

I'm confused SF,I thought this thread was about Christmas decorations?not someone gobbing in your garden.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Sounds lovely,Aysa,..maybe you can post a picture?
The colours really dont show in the pic Pauline...but you can see a little of what it is like.

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-11-2018, 01:59 PM

That is so pretty,Aysa,it looks like a very bright rainbow effect,love it!.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That is so pretty,Aysa,it looks like a very bright rainbow effect,love it!.
I bought it at our local Garden Centre...Im going back to buy more lol
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 04:19 PM

OMGoodness Nicol...I love that Village Christmas Tree...from the very top, to the bottom with an electric train. Children of all ages would be mesmerised by it...
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 04:52 PM

Reading all of the above it seems that once you get older attitudes to Christmas change.

Some changes are evident in the greetings card shops as well. (Where did they come from, anyway? My local Asda shopping Mall (horrible word) has three
They’re like candle shops. Ten years ago they didn’t exist; now they’re infesting every shopping mall from Bodmin to Bannockburn. How many stuffed Garfields and heart-shaped balloons do we need?
Why can’t we just buy our greetings cards from the limited display next to the jars of sweets in the local newspaper shop, just like we used to do? With the price written on the back in pencil, which we always forgot to remove?)

Anyway, I needed to pick up a Get Well Soon card for a recovering alcoholic, ( I kid you not)and I saw a Christmas card inscribed: “To Dad and Partner”. Says a lot that, about the way we live our modern lives I suppose.

On the surface, it’s a heartfelt sentiment. Underneath is confusion, bitterness and tears. I don’t know why they just don’t be honest and make Cards dedicated “To Dad and that Slut with the Loose Knickers from Number 62”.

Or, to be fair, “To Mum and the 25-year-old Somalian tribesman whose mud hut you fled to last year. Enjoy the goats. And the used spectacles No! I didn’t see that one!

I really don’t understand the 21st Century, I had problems with the 20th. The trouble is there is no bloody alternative
I am a 73 Yr old white male, ( am I allowed to say that?) for most of my adult life there have been two constants:
1. Africa "needs" money, especially at Xmas.
2. Israelis and Palestinians hate each other.

apparently nowadays I'm responsible for both.

....and breath
Sorry I went off at a tangent there...
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Reading all of the above it seems that once you get older attitudes to Christmas change.

Some changes are evident in the greetings card shops as well. (Where did they come from, anyway? My local Asda shopping Mall (horrible word) has three
They’re like candle shops. Ten years ago they didn’t exist; now they’re infesting every shopping mall from Bodmin to Bannockburn. How many stuffed Garfields and heart-shaped balloons do we need?
Why can’t we just buy our greetings cards from the limited display next to the jars of sweets in the local newspaper shop, just like we used to do? With the price written on the back in pencil, which we always forgot to remove?)

Anyway, I needed to pick up a Get Well Soon card for a recovering alcoholic, ( I kid you not)and I saw a Christmas card inscribed: “To Dad and Partner”. Says a lot that, about the way we live our modern lives I suppose.

On the surface, it’s a heartfelt sentiment. Underneath is confusion, bitterness and tears. I don’t know why they just don’t be honest and make Cards dedicated “To Dad and that Slut with the Loose Knickers from Number 62”.

Or, to be fair, “To Mum and the 25-year-old Somalian tribesman whose mud hut you fled to last year. Enjoy the goats. And the used spectacles No! I didn’t see that one!

I really don’t understand the 21st Century, I had problems with the 20th. The trouble is there is no bloody alternative
I am a 73 Yr old white male, ( am I allowed to say that?) for most of my adult life there have been two constants:
1. Africa "needs" money, especially at Xmas.
2. Israelis and Palestinians hate each other.

apparently nowadays I'm responsible for both.

....and breath
Sorry I went off at a tangent there...
I must admit to enjoying your " tangent" Rehab...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-11-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I bought it at our local Garden Centre...Im going back to buy more lol

I put the plain lights up today,Aysa,

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	7984  

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top