Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 12:19 PM

Re: 'No Go' areas for Ambulances

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
It is not constantly in the News at all, I have seen occasional items.
I am sceptical of the 1400 no go areas mentioned.
I admit that sounds rather high but perhaps it is divided into particular estates. Take an area like Islington for instance, quite a nice place to live but within it are little sh*t holes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think that we have all become too soft with criminals & punishments are just not hard enough!

No decent human being would attack people who are trying to save lives!

The problem is that we have not taught the difference between right and wrong & we certainly don't punish unlawful behaviour strongly enough....so is it surprising that criminals are not worried about committing crime?

If they have nothing better to do in their spare time, than attack emergency workers perhaps a bit of unpaid hard labour, doing dirty jobs, would teach them how to behave better
It is also wrong that they have to deal with abusive patients. I would up and leave them to suffer but that's why I am not a paramedic.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It is also wrong that they have to deal with abusive patients. I would up and leave them to suffer but that's why I am not a paramedic.

Apparently many of the assaults are carried out by people on drink and drugs.

I still can't understand it though. I remember getting pretty legless once in my youth, but I learned not to do it again, and even then, it certainly never made me want to rush out and thump or spit at a paramedic!

I have never tried drugs so have no experience of that, but do they always make people violent?

It'll end up like the prison officers soon.
So many of them are attacked now that people, understandably, don't want the job any more.
Then where would we be with fewer and fewer paramedics?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-11-2018, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Apparently many of the assaults are carried out by people on drink and drugs.

I still can't understand it though. I remember getting pretty legless once in my youth, but I learned not to do it again, and even then, it certainly never made me want to rush out and thump or spit at a paramedic!

I have never tried drugs so have no experience of that, but do they always make people violent?
I have never taken drugs either Mups but my understanding is that they are supposed to make people more relaxed. Obviously not working.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 12:38 PM

I have never taken drugs either Mups but my understanding is that they are supposed to make people more relaxed. Obviously not working.

You're on the ball today dongle, I hadn't even finished writing.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 12:54 PM

I know what you mean Dongle! I have been watching a TV prog filming Ambulance crews out working, but you tend to find the abuse comes from ones are drunk or have been involved in some violent actions.
Paramedics seem to be good at calming situations and they handle most patients very well.
Maybe we should have a " blacklist " of people who cause trouble & have no go patients rather than no go areas. That may remind them that if they don't respect the paramedics, the paramedics will not attend when they need them.

Of course we all know that will never happen, as we are British and try to be fair to everybody. How sad that we haven't yet realized that not everybody deserves fair treatment if they become violent.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 01:39 PM

Hi

Paramedics recognise that certain types of head injuries can make ordinary people very aggressive, these are not the ones they are complaining about.

Just restricting it to patients would not solve the problem, they could well be genuine.

Ambulance, Police and Fire are attacked in certain areas.

Nobody would even think of doing that in Prees where I have moved from.

A mile or so away from where I live now is the norm on two roads.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-11-2018, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I know what you mean Dongle! I have been watching a TV prog filming Ambulance crews out working, but you tend to find the abuse comes from ones are drunk or have been involved in some violent actions.
Paramedics seem to be good at calming situations and they handle most patients very well.
Maybe we should have a " blacklist " of people who cause trouble & have no go patients rather than no go areas. That may remind them that if they don't respect the paramedics, the paramedics will not attend when they need them.

Of course we all know that will never happen, as we are British and try to be fair to everybody. How sad that we haven't yet realized that not everybody deserves fair treatment if they become violent.
It makes me sick that nurses also have to put up with violent, abusive patients. It is quite normal for them to get punched, kicked, spat at and a verbally abused. Personally, I would chuck them into a large skip parked behind the hospital and just leave the b*stards there to die.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-11-2018, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You're on the ball today dongle, I hadn't even finished writing.
I got up a bit earlier today Mups so I'm working in advance.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 01:53 PM

Some do that but some make people very violent. There is one out there that has arrived in my area recently, you know who is on it because they start to talk shout absolute rubbish, they look hot and bothered and start removing their clothes, not pretty in many cases. Last one I saw was a 60 plus woman totally starkers sweating and yelling obscenities.

If you ring the police they reluctantly come out because it can take them 6 police men to bring the person down. They warn us not to approach the person as they are so dangerous.

Often they bang their heads distressingly on doors and railings etc doing themselves much harm.

Paramedics are called and have to deal with these people it's really not fair they have to.

Relaxed ? doesn't sound very relaxing to me or very much fun so I'm not sure why anyone takes it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top