Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 03:36 PM

Re: Trapped nerve in my back.

Pinched nerves in the back are horrid. I’m so glad you are getting some help.
A month is a long time to wait when you’re in pain. Have you tried using Epsom salts in a bath? Epsom salts are filled with minerals, especially magnesium which relaxes the body tenfold.

What I found when I had a pinched nerve in my back was that I’d tense up due to the pain and my muscles would lock up so then I’d have muscles spasms on top of the pinched nerve. Having Epsom salts baths helped loosen up those muscles but I also gave myself really deep tissue massages at the pain points which helped me greatly.

I wish you the best of luck.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 03:39 PM

Good news at last, bud
Let's hope they actually do something constructive for you tomorrow rather than just rabbit on about it in a 'consultation'. Good luck mate
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Got a phone call this morning about 9.30am a lovely Geordie lass from the Physiotherapy Unit asking me a couple of questions and then telling me some one would phone between 10 and 10.30am.
Got the second call asked a few more questions and then given an appointment tomorrow at 1.30pm Basildon Hospital.

So I have a month in pain and taking god knows how many painkillers of variations and then out of the blue an appointment.

Perhaps these people should be running A&E..

I am so much hoping for some relief I know I will possibly have to have a few sessions before they sort it but at least now I can look forward to some one doing something.
Not just giving me a couple of Diazapan or a handful of painkillers.

Hmmmm - was surfing tv t'other day and saw a man being given therapy for a bad back by having a woman jumping on him and massaging his back with her feet. Is this what you're having done???
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hmmmm - was surfing tv t'other day and saw a man being given therapy for a bad back by having a woman jumping on him and massaging his back with her feet. Is this what you're having done???
I think that would see me off if I am honest UJ.

Late change of plan they double booked me so I now have a 8.30am appointment. Dropped our lass at the station this morning no walking today I need to get some sleep before I go to the hospital. So I am off back to try and grab a hour and a half.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 08:32 AM

Good luck LF ...fingers crossed for you
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 10:49 AM

Well my trapped nerve seems to have left me with a very sore muscle along the right hand side of my spine and my neck and shoulder as well. The physio as given me a short list of exercise's to do each day to stretch the muscles.
The cause the physio says could well be my breathing problems, but he cannot pinpoint at present.
Back again on the 21st 8am which is great because I can get a disabled parking bay just outside of outpatients.

Keep taking the painkillers when needed.

Thanks again for all your kind thoughts.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Well my trapped nerve seems to have left me with a very sore muscle along the right hand side of my spine and my neck and shoulder as well. The physio as given me a short list of exercise's to do each day to stretch the muscles.
The cause the physio says could well be my breathing problems, but he cannot pinpoint at present.
Back again on the 21st 8am which is great because I can get a disabled parking bay just outside of outpatients.

Keep taking the painkillers when needed.

Thanks again for all your kind thoughts.
I am sure that doing the exercises won't be a lot of fun, but if you keep doing them it may mean you will be pain free by the springtime.
Physio is never a fast solution to the problem, but if you stick with it you will get there in the end. When I had a piece of bone removed from my shoulder I thought my arm would never work properly again, but within a few months of physio therapy, it was back to how it used to be. I hope your problem will be too!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 11:49 AM

Just getting free parking in Basildon Hospital is an achievement in itself.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 03:02 PM

I still think this will do you the world of good

Hmmmm - was surfing tv t'other day and saw a man being given therapy for a bad back by having a woman jumping on him and massaging his back with her feet.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 09:00 PM

Well done LF, I am glad you've been seen by the Physio.
I hope it helps you feel much more comfortable soon.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top