Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 01:38 PM

Storage.

Hi everyone,I live in a small one bedroom house,..not enough storage,so I went to Wilko today,bought this,it's sturdy,holds a lot,just don't sit on it,that was on the leaflet that came with it,...£22...I love it so much,that I'm going to buy a smaller one for the sitting room,it looks like a cushioned footstool,plus I can store stuff in it,I just have to remember,not to sit on it,

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	8082  
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 01:58 PM

Re: Storage.

Looks good Pauline, best thing we ever did was make our double fitted wardrobe into shelving and buy a cheap clothes rack on wheels for clothes. It's hidden away so much that would look untidy left out and the clothes rack is easier to see what you have and keep it organised than the pole in the wardrobe ever was.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 02:18 PM

That's a nice way to keep things neat Pauline - you can never have enough storage.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 02:21 PM

Hi

Every time I get more storage, I fill it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 02:22 PM

A good solution Pauline I bought a little storage box which doubles as a foot stool/ seat/ table for playing games with the children.
I covered mine in some left over Sandersons William Morris fabric to match the curtains and cushions and it looks lovely.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 02:28 PM

I've got the same problem with storage and bought a similar box in Dunelm, I put bedding in mine.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Looks good Pauline, best thing we ever did was make our double fitted wardrobe into shelving and buy a cheap clothes rack on wheels for clothes. It's hidden away so much that would look untidy left out and the clothes rack is easier to see what you have and keep it organised than the pole in the wardrobe ever was.
I did the same thing with my built in wardrobe last year, divided it up so half is hanging space and half is shelves.

I have several ottomans throughout the house, they hide a multitude of sins. I also put wheels/castors on anything heavy so I can move it when necessary.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 02:37 PM

I just can not stand my house untidy,..SF,like you,I have filled them already,...your stool sounds lovely Meg,Julie,I have two very small wardrobes,my son has one of them,full up with his collectables,and a very small airing cupboard,that's all the storage I have,I've just bought this one,I've put it in the sitting room,thanks everyone for your compliments,..ps,I also forgot to mention,I have 2drawers in my new double bed,..guess what,it's full up!.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	8083  
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-12-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I did the same thing with my built in wardrobe last year, divided it up so half is hanging space and half is shelves.

I have several ottomans throughout the house, they hide a multitude of sins. I also put wheels/castors on anything heavy so I can move it when necessary.

Wheels are a good idea,Nicol,i think the ottomans look classy,and as you say,hide a multitude of sins,..I would like another ottoman,but I have no more room,I'm really pleased with what I have.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

02-12-2018, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've got the same problem with storage and bought a similar box in Dunelm, I put bedding in mine.

I have everything in mine,Tessa,except the kitchen sink!.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top