Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 10:34 AM

Re: BBC Film Review - Mary Queen 0f Scots (2018)

DVD has been claimed.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Right - have just watched this new version of Mary, QOS - and have to say it was the most boring, badly acted film I have seen in years. What a waste of £3 on a DVD that is going straight into the charity bag - unless anyone here wants it FOC?
Oh shite was going to see it next week
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
DVD has been claimed.
What does that mean ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What does that mean ?
I asked around if anyone wanted it - someone did!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

31-01-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oh shite was going to see it next week
You might like it, Muddy. Lots of people do. I just found the over-use of french language irritating, the acting very poor, the 'story line' boring, and the constant use of puppets of MQOS and Liz 1st a total annoyance.

Not a patch on Glenda Jackson and Vanessa Redgrave.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 02:15 PM

From the OP.

"It doesn’t even ask if Mary actually wants to be the queen of England, or whether her accession would be a good or bad thing."

She didn't, it was an attempt by the French to try and get a Catholic on the English throne after (Bloody) Mary died and Elizabeth I had taken the throne. Being the daughter of King James V of Scotland, she became queen of Scots when he died, she became queen of Scotland when she was only six days old. She was secreted to France and Scotland was ruled by regents until her return. They weren't happy about it and conspired against her ultimately betraying her to QE I who thought she had designs on the English throne and so she spent the rest of her life in the Tower of London.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top