Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 07:24 PM

Clearing The Garden.

For Spring,..I have a small garden,still many leaves to pick up,been changing the decking area,as I've decided I don't like a certain shrub there,yet last year I thought it looked great,..how about you,what have you been up to in the garden?..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 07:31 PM

Re: Clearing The Garden.

Nothing other than sweeping up the leaves The ground is too wet to do anything with at the moment.

It's nice to see the bulbs pushing their way up through the soil though.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 07:36 PM

When I was cleaning my decking Mags,most of the leaves were dry and stuck fast,have to wait until it rains,as its to cold to get the hose out,lol....I always feel better after spending time in the garden.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
When I was cleaning my decking Mags,most of the leaves were dry and stuck fast,have to wait until it rains,as its to cold to get the hose out,lol....I always feel better after spending time in the garden.
I can imagine that Pauline, leaves are a devil to remove when they are wet.

I love spending time in the garden but not when it's cold like today
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 07:39 PM

Hi Pauline although I have some dead herbaceous plants in the garden and some leaves I have resisted the temptation to remove them because they are beneficial to some wildlife and the birds.
I want to move a couple of things but won't do so until the soil starts to warm up in the spring.

I am delighted to see my pink hellebores are in bud as are the primulas so something to enjoy in the winter gloom .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 07:42 PM

We can't get to ours until March, the caravan site closes and we are not allowed to visit so it's always a bit of a worry now but exciting too when we go back and see what's survived.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-01-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Pauline although I have some dead herbaceous plants in the garden and some leaves I have resisted the temptation to remove them because they are beneficial to some wildlife and the birds.
I want to move a couple of things but won't do so until the soil starts to warm up in the spring.

I am delighted to see my pink hellebores are in bud as are the primulas so something to enjoy in the winter gloom .

It's funny you should say that Meg,I have done exactly the same,I have left all the leaves on the borders and around the pond,as you say they are beneficial to wildlife and I have a lot of frogs,I must look up hellebores,as I don't know what that is,I also have something in bud,I have no idea what it is though,..today I cleared the decking,front of house,(pavement)and the stepping stones,..hope my frogs are cosy under the leaves.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-01-2019, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I can imagine that Pauline, leaves are a devil to remove when they are wet.

I love spending time in the garden but not when it's cold like today

I lasted a couple of hours outside,as you say it was ffffrrrreeeeezzzzing!.lol.as for those leaves,they can stay there,stuck to the decking,these leaves were bone dry Mags,stuck to the decking.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-01-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We can't get to ours until March, the caravan site closes and we are not allowed to visit so it's always a bit of a worry now but exciting too when we go back and see what's survived.

I love gardening Julie,I'm excited for you,love to watch everything grow,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2019, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
It's funny you should say that Meg,I have done exactly the same,I have left all the leaves on the borders and around the pond,as you say they are beneficial to wildlife and I have a lot of frogs,I must look up hellebores,as I don't know what that is,I also have something in bud,I have no idea what it is though,..today I cleared the decking,front of house,(pavement)and the stepping stones,..hope my frogs are cosy under the leaves.
Pauline these are hellebores I have the pink ones and they flower from January to March then look scruffy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top