Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 08:01 PM

Kate Bush...

Watched her life story last night.
Made me realise just how talented she is. She'd written 100 songs by the age of 15 and recorded "The man with the child in his eyes" at 16. Writes the music and plays the piano on the tracks. The only female artist to have a number 1 single that was penned by themselves.

Elton John threw a big party when he made the civil partnership with David Furnish. He said there were over 600 famous people invited (including Kate Bush) - and the only person anyone wanted to meet was Kate.

Quite something really.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 08:09 PM

Re: Kate Bush...

I saw a programme about her recently too (probably the same one) and I was also surprised at how talented she was. She recorded a lot more songs than the three or four I am familiar with.

Did you end up watching '50 words for snow'? Best listened to through headphones
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I saw a programme about her recently too (probably the same one) and I was also surprised at how talented she was. She recorded a lot more songs than the three or four I am familiar with.

Did you end up watching '50 words for snow'? Best listened to through headphones
No mate - I'll have a look later.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 10:13 PM

Absolutely Love the incredible and supremely talented Kate Bush.

How on Earth she was able to write such wonderful, intelligent and creative songs at such a tender age is mind blowing....and then continue that along her whole career.
Add that to her beautiful performance artisty and what do you get.......?

The word 'genius' springs to mind
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

11-01-2019, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Absolutely Love the incredible and supremely talented Kate Bush.

How on Earth she was able to write such wonderful, intelligent and creative songs at such a tender age is mind blowing....and then continue that along her whole career.
Add that to her beautiful performance artisty and what do you get.......?

The word 'genius' springs to mind
Totally agree mate. True talent.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2019, 11:48 PM

You'll get no argument from me - extremely talented.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 01:43 AM

Love Kate Bush. She’s featured with many other talented artists including Peter Garbriel.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:50 AM

Kate Bush is superb, I have all her albums. So unique and highly influential.
My favourite album is Hounds Of Love, not so much for side one with its big hits but for the suite of songs on side two entitled 'The Ninth Wave'. Here's the full album:
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:19 AM

Have to say I was never impressed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Have to say I was never impressed.
I have to admit I was not a fan at the time (I was more into Debbie Harry - for obvious reasons) and I found the Wuthering Heights video a bit boring but looking back I have to admire her for releasing something so different to all the other music around at the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top