Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:11 PM

Re: I had a Pringle splinter in my eye!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It is nice to know that Dongle, because it saves me having to tour round the country to sort you all out.

My doctor said that, if it isn't much improved in a week, I should go to the hospital but, so far, the redness and the swelling are reduced so it looks like the drops are dealing with the infection.

My cats are protesting though, because when I sit in the lounge at least one of them wants to sit on my lap....but I have to go to the fridge every 2 hours for my drops & they hate being pushed off!

For all those who said it must have been painful, I can assure you it was! Thanks for the idea of putting them between slices of bread or wearing goggles, if I decide to eat them again.
Glad to hear it is improving Twink.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:33 PM

Ouch - poor Twink - who would have thought Pringles could be so dangerous. I hope it clears up soon for you ... and all those cats!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:53 PM

Oo twink hope your eye gets better soon, however, here are a few suggestions for your future pringles cravings
1.. wear eye protection, tool station do a range of safety eye wear
2, ear defenders, the noise of constant crisp munching can take its toll on your hearing
3 wear safety boots in case you drop a carton on your toes,
3 Finally, gloves, who knows what damage you can do to your hands with the endless popping of Pringle lids, not to mention razor sharp shards of Pringle going in your fingers,
This protection, and suitable safety warning signs displayed in suitable locations, should ensure you can enjoy your Pringle habit in complete safety from now on..
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 01:44 PM

You should sue them Twink. Hope you feel better soon.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 01:53 PM

Poor you Twink

What a delicate little mouth you must have

I can fit a whole Ptingle in my gob, no problem!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Oo twink hope your eye gets better soon, however, here are a few suggestions for your future pringles cravings
1.. wear eye protection, tool station do a range of safety eye wear
2, ear defenders, the noise of constant crisp munching can take its toll on your hearing
3 wear safety boots in case you drop a carton on your toes,
3 Finally, gloves, who knows what damage you can do to your hands with the endless popping of Pringle lids, not to mention razor sharp shards of Pringle going in your fingers,
This protection, and suitable safety warning signs displayed in suitable locations, should ensure you can enjoy your Pringle habit in complete safety from now on..
Thank you for your suggestions Primus they were funny.

On a more serious note though children could easily get tiny pieces on their fingers, and you know what kids are like, they don't wash hands before rubbing their eyes.
I would hate to think of a child suffering this type of pain or being rushed to A&E for uncomfortable eye treatment...just because they ate a Pringle!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 02:33 PM

This is very sad Twinks, and I would definitely be writing the pringle company about it.......but wait, they may send you a shipment of "free" pringles. Don't eat them!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
This is very sad Twinks, and I would definitely be writing the pringle company about it.......but wait, they may send you a shipment of "free" pringles. Don't eat them!
I will send them all to OFF, just to see if any of you lot can manage to get a crisp splinter in your eye whilst eating them!

I am wondering if I am the only person in the world who got an eye infection from eating Pringles.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 02:50 PM

Hope your feeling better Twinks. I gree with Annie in that you should sue them. Nowhere on the package does it state that placing shards of Pringles in your eye may cause damage to your health. A gross oversight (no pun intended)!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by rhian ->
poor you twink

what a delicate little mouth you must have

i can fit a whole ptingle in my gob, no problem!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top