Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 07:00 PM

Re: Healing with The Power of Prayer

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
For someone who finds faith nonsense,you sure are interested in it
You're losing it Pauline. I didn't say faith was nonsense, I said your mind manipulation techniques were nonsense, i.e. the typical religious response of "I have something you don't, you can't understand it, I am special, you are missing out" kind of nonsense.

Nevertheless you are STILL trying to divert the discussion away from its subject matter which is PRAYER. Please could you remain focussed on that and not try to divert or derail the thread.

Prayer very clearly is not working. Millions are praying and yet people continue to die and suffer horribly.

I ask again why is it that prayer is not working?

What is your answer?

Do you have one? Or will you just hide behind the religious rhetoric to avoid answering?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 07:04 PM

I love to hear your love for the Lord,WB,..you have a strong faith!!
Oh Pauline, I do love Jesus and The Holy Spirit. I get up in the morning and say "Good Morning Holy Spirit" and I talk to Him all day. Everything I do is with Him. He knows I don't want to live anymore, and won't be doing anything to help myself live longer. I have had a long life. I don't particularly want to face any more challenges at my age.

There is so much more I could say Pauline, but I better not, I am just so content in knowing I am being looked after, in a very big and special way!!

Christian love to you Pauline, and Julie, and anyone else that thinks like us, but uncomfortable talking about it on a forum....

Blue

I am asking the Lord for a special blessing for each one of you today.....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

There is great strength in the power of prayer,WB,God is supernatural,praise His Holy Name!.
There is no testable evidence for any supernatural entity.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You're losing it Pauline. I didn't say faith was nonsense, I said your mind manipulation techniques were nonsense, i.e. the typical religious response of "I have something you don't, you can't understand it, I am special, you are missing out" kind of nonsense.

Nevertheless you are STILL trying to divert the discussion away from its subject matter which is PRAYER. Please could you remain focussed on that and not try to divert or derail the thread.

Prayer very clearly is not working. Millions are praying and yet people continue to die and suffer horribly.

I ask again why is it that prayer is not working?

What is your answer?

Do you have one? Or will you just hide behind the religious rhetoric to avoid answering?

Did you say manipulation,haha,you are one of the biggest manipulators on this site,...as for prayer,why do you keep asking humans that question,why don't you pray for an answer,oh I forgot you don't believe in the power of prayer,you are a WUM,..you dislike people praising God,get over it,because you aren't God,...thank God!!.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 07:08 PM

Realist,, you are not quoting my words properly, I did not say:

The assertions have variously been that prayer works, that prayer in numbers always works and that more people praying mean more "power

I don't believe anything ALWAYS works and I didn'
t say it. I like you Realist, but you do have a babit of twisting words.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 07:09 PM

as for prayer,why do you keep asking humans that question,why don't you pray for an answer,oh I forgot you don't believe in the power of prayer,
Ok then so you have no answer to the questions put. Just the usual ridicule. I don't need to pray for an answer. I am not the one making the assertions. OP and other fundamentalists here are the ones saying that :

- prayer works
- prayer with more people always works
- more people praying = more power

I'm asking the people who are asserting these things to tell me how they defend those assertions when the harsh realities of life clearly show that prayer is not and does not work.

So far, all I am getting is tumbleweed and the usual deflection from the simple question. In fact worse than that I am effectively now being attacked for asking the simple questions as more fundamentalists "gang up" to disparage me.

I will ask again

Why is it that prayer is not working?

Why are people continuously dying and suffering despite the most fervent prayers of believers?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

27-01-2019, 07:10 PM

God bless you Pauline, I have to go to bed for a while......

Love, Blue x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 07:10 PM

Did you say manipulation,haha,you are one of the biggest manipulators on this site,...as for prayer,why do you keep asking humans that question,why don't you pray for an answer,oh I forgot you don't believe in the power of prayer,you are a WUM,..you dislike people praising God,get over it,because you aren't God,...thank God!!.

Best to just ignore him Pauline.

'Debating' (I call it arguing) only feeds such people.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

27-01-2019, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Realist,, you are not quoting my words properly, I did not say:

The assertions have variously been that prayer works, that prayer in numbers always works and that more people praying mean more "power

I don't believe anything ALWAYS works and I didn'
t say it. I like you Realist, but you do have a babit of twisting words.
Sorry WB it wasn't a quote of you. Julie made those assertions so my words there were the collective assertions from everyone in the thread.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Oh Pauline, I do love Jesus and The Holy Spirit. I get up in the morning and say "Good Morning Holy Spirit" and I talk to Him all day. Everything I do is with Him. He knows I don't want to live anymore, and won't be doing anything to help myself live longer. I have had a long life. I don't particularly want to face any more challenges at my age.

There is so much more I could say Pauline, but I better not, I am just so content in knowing I am being looked after, in a very big and special way!!

Christian love to you Pauline, and Julie, and anyone else that thinks like us, but uncomfortable talking about it on a forum....

Blue

I am asking the Lord for a special blessing for each one of you today.....

WB,I can feel the Love of God radiating out of your heart,I am so sorry to hear that you have suffered and are still suffering,I pray the Lord will release you from it,..I have suffered also WB,but my suffering is tiny,compared to the suffering that Jesus endured,God Bless You!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top