Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 03:46 PM

Re: The Radio

I would be lost without my radios, I listen at least as much as I watch TV. In rough order, I listen to 6 Music (although less so since the recent presenter shake-up), LBC, 5 Live, Radio 4, Radio 3.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 04:20 PM

As soon as I wake up I put the tranny on. Tuned into the local radio station, which is pop from days gone by. Gives out local problems on the roads etc, which I like to know about.

If I'm in, it's on all day.

Occasionally I put the hifi radio on and have it tuned to radio 2, same with the car radio. But I quite often prefer the quiet in the car.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
As soon as I wake up I put the tranny on. Tuned into the local radio station, which is pop from days gone by. Gives out local problems on the roads etc, which I like to know about.

If I'm in, it's on all day.

Occasionally I put the hifi radio on and have it tuned to radio 2, same with the car radio. But I quite often prefer the quiet in the car.
Do you dance around the kitchen Pesta?...... I do.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Do you dance around the kitchen Pesta?...... I do.

Of course! And in the lounge And if I've got a CD on to scream along to.... well, just think yourself lucky you don't live nearby
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 04:30 PM

Yes I have Radio Scotland on most of the day and also in the car. A great mix of Music, Chat Shows, Plays, News/Weather on the Hour.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Of course! And in the lounge And if I've got a CD on to scream along to.... well, just think yourself lucky you don't live nearby
Glad to hear it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 07:27 PM

I have the radio on most days...2, 4, classicfm, solent, magic...and yes there I am dancing round the kitchen!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 09:16 PM

Always listen to the radio in the car.

BBC Radio 4 when I am on my own, to hear the topical debate and light hearted stuff like "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" and the "Infinite Monkey Cage"

On long journeys we tend to have Smooth FM on much of the time as it is often back to back music from the 80s which was an incredible music decade.

Classic FM is my other main preference. I've become very fond of the main well known classic pieces. Used to think they were boring when younger but now I appreciate them. In particular I'm a huge Johann Strauss fan.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 09:20 PM

radio 2 on low when I get to the kitchen '
then at 10'oclock another radio on tuned into heart ' pop music -on till 12 then all off !
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2019, 09:24 PM

I NEVER listen to the radio, not even in the car.

When I young working in a factory I used to listen to it every day, it was usually Radio 1, I used to love 'OUR TUNE'

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top