Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 01:46 PM

Re: The Radio

Radio 4 until `The Archer's` starts then over to Radio Leeds for the afternoon. A quick nip back to see what the afternoon play is on R4 then return to R Leeds if it's not much cop.

Nigel Farage phone-in on LBC talk on a Sunday morning up until noon.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I've just learned about a new digital radio station starting early March, called Scala Radio.

It aims to sit between Radio 3 and Classic FM, and but will have interviews and quizzes etc. as well.

Simon Mayo is going to be part of it.

I'm very interested, because I've been listening to Classical FM ever since it started, and have it on all day long, but in recent years the music has become very middle of the road at times, with lots and lots of film and TV music, and very, very repetitive, so I've been getting disgruntled.

Anyway, on the strength of what I read about Scala Radio, I've just ordered a Stereo DAB radio, as I don't have any DAB stuff.

Oh yes.... and it will be broadcasting in stereo.

I'll find a link........

http://scalaradio.co.uk
(This website isn't fully operational yet).

And here's a press release about it.......

https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/newsroo...o-is-launching
You could listen to it via Freeview on TV or on a PC. I listen via my Amazon Echo devices at home.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You could listen to it via Freeview on TV or on a PC. I listen via my Amazon Echo devices at home.
I know, but I like to have it playing all day in a room where there isn't a TV, and I wouldn't want it all day on my iPad! I like to use the iPad while I'm listening to the radio!

Anyway, it's about time I had a DAB radio, and I found a stereo one that seems good at a good price compared with other stockists. (Not too expensive, as I need to get experience of DAB before I consider splashing out).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I have tried listening to the radio through the telly but I find I just sit the staring at the blank screen, expecting something to appear.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 02:38 PM

Yes, me too! It's very irritating! I wish the screen would just go completely black, but it stays grey.

The only time I do listen to it on the TV, is when I'm listening to something I've recorded on Radio 4 and it's lulling me off to sleep, so my eyes are closed.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top