Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:55 AM

Re: Obesity in Crawley

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
They do need help, Muddy, ideally with being sent back to school to learn to read first.
It usually affects those in society called Liam and Chelsea who thrive on ignorance; Jeremy Kyle Show rejects who slump over their shopping trollies full of crisps and pizzaa in B&M at 2pm on a Monday afternoon in their fusty jim jams because they are too bone idle to even walk properly. Then they go home again to watch their Grey's Anatomy box sets and Love Island and TOWIE repeats after their chips and burger meal drinking Lambrini to settle down on their recliners for the evening for the WWF wrestling match whilst posting photos of each others' neck tattoos on Instagram.

Sorry, but it's sadly true!
Actually Floydy some of these people were quite well spoken .
One women who really needed kicking had a enabler boyfriend who had spent three years at university . Now he was paid to be a carer.
How do they get carers allowance when people who are genuinely ill have trouble getting it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Well observed Swims I was wondering if all these people were chosen just to make good television and everyone else's blood pressure rise !
It as if they are a different race .
However I feel they would rather not be in that situation two of the men were anxious to work but were dismissed out of hand when people saw how big they were .
Must be very depressing .
Rural communities tend to be wealthier .
There are no overweight people where I live but one only has to move to a poorer built up area 16 miles away to see obesity .
If someone has a hopeless life food must loom very important .
Hi

Prees is very much a working village Muddy, it is not a place which people choose for retirement.

There is a large Industrial Estate smack in the middle of the village.

The wealthy retire and live in Weston, 5 miles away, which is very pretty and has a fantastic golf course.

It is stunning, the Chronicles of Narnia were filmed there, as where others.

If you are obese and heavily tattooed, you do lose job opportunities, that is true.

Unemployment in the town is low, get your act together and you can get a job.

It is a mindset thing.

I absolutely hated being found unfit to work after my injury, two years on Benefits was hell for me.

It is just not my thing, I need to work and provide.

I was entitled to a Mobility Car, for life.

Sod that for a game of Marbles, I stopped that as soon as I could afford to buy my own.
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:14 PM

Apparently one third of all the residents of Crawley are obese.
Is this possible ?
Anyone here from Crawley ?
No thanks, nobody goes to Crawley without an armed guard.

Obesity is a national problem and it would come as no surprise if one-third of the UK population is not obese.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 12:06 AM

you may be surprised to see that according to WHO UK isn't ranked as very obese compared to many

http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...ese-countries/
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by DaveyJ ->
No thanks, nobody goes to Crawley without an armed guard.

Obesity is a national problem and it would come as no surprise if one-third of the UK population is not obese.
Just seen the 70 stone man .
( what happens is I fall asleep on the sofa -it's the wood burner) and wake up and these dreadful documentaries are on .This story was disturbing this man eventually got down to 45 stone enough for him to have an operation for a gastric band and hernia . He then discharged himself one day after coming out of ICU against the advice of the entire medical staff.
Of course it all went wrong and he got septis and had to be readmitted nearly dead for another four months.
They brought him back but .....
he made no effort to engage with the phisios and went back home where he died eight months later .
As usual there was an enabler in this case a devoted sister .
The ethics of these cases is debatable .
Goodness knows how much of the NHS resources were spent on this unfortunate man who at the same time would not engage to help himself and in the end all proved fruitless .
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 11:01 AM

A 70 stone man and spontaneous human combustion, perish the thought of it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 12:53 PM

Just seen the 70 stone man .
( what happens is I fall asleep on the sofa -it's the wood burner) and wake up and these dreadful documentaries are on .This story was disturbing this man eventually got down to 45 stone enough for him to have an operation for a gastric band and hernia . He then discharged himself one day after coming out of ICU against the advice of the entire medical staff.
Of course it all went wrong and he got septis and had to be readmitted nearly dead for another four months.
They brought him back but .....
he made no effort to engage with the phisios and went back home where he died eight months later .
As usual there was an enabler in this case a devoted sister .
The ethics of these cases is debatable .
Goodness knows how much of the NHS resources were spent on this unfortunate man who at the same time would not engage to help himself and in the end all proved fruitless .
go to bed and get a good nights sleep - you'll get over it!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2019, 02:01 PM

Last weekend i went for a 3 night break to a hotel in the south . My friend who was with me was as shocked as me at the size of the people in the hotel, there were some huge ladies and men , all with sticks and walking so slowly , some were older folk but some were young . I was really surprised and did say to my friend that britain is becoming obese .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top