Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 04:34 PM

‘Dirty John’

My sister has told me about an American series called, ‘Dirty John’ that has been available on a podcast but has now been made into a series.
It is going to be shown on Netflix in the near future. It is a true crime story based on a man called John Meehan who is a con artist and sociopath. He enters the life of a beautiful, successful woman who is missing love in her life. He sweeps her off her feet!
Her family and friends are suspicious of him and have him investigated.

I am looking forward to it, it sounds like my cup of tea!

Has anyone heard of it?
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 05:46 PM

Re: ‘Dirty John’

Yes, my wife and I watched the series last week. She had recoeded it and we watched the whole 8 (or 9?) shows over three nights. It's quite unbelievable that someone could be as devious and clever as this man and not be caught over such a long period of time.

I don't know your viewing likes or dislikes but I think it would be worth giving it a look.

There's also a two hour documentary out there where you can see the actual people involved, rather than the actors in the series. If you like the series, that is also worth viewing.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 06:49 PM

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7945720/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2019, 11:36 PM

Not heard of it but I'm sure it will pop up on Netflicks.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 12:36 AM

Oh that's not me by the way! I'm a paragon of virtue, well most of the time!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
Haha!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 10:16 AM

Sounds good Arty I will watch out for it. Whilst on about good series Art have you watched Frankie and Grace? I was recommended it by polyanna from the busy bee site remember her?...I still have coffee with her now and then...anyway the series is funny I think you might like it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
I immediately thought of you John.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Sounds good Arty I will watch out for it. Whilst on about good series Art have you watched Frankie and Grace? I was recommended it by polyanna from the busy bee site remember her?...I still have coffee with her now and then...anyway the series is funny I think you might like it.
Thank You, summer.
I watched the first episode of Frankie and Grace... what a bombshell! It was very funny and I have always liked Lily Tomlin, she’s a great comedy actress. Jane Fonda is good too.

Yes, l remember poliyanna, she is really nice and she shared my love of the Vulcan Bomber, she even used to salute them when they took off!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-02-2019, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
Yes, my wife and I watched the series last week. She had recoeded it and we watched the whole 8 (or 9?) shows over three nights. It's quite unbelievable that someone could be as devious and clever as this man and not be caught over such a long period of time.

I don't know your viewing likes or dislikes but I think it would be worth giving it a look.

There's also a two hour documentary out there where you can see the actual people involved, rather than the actors in the series. If you like the series, that is also worth viewing.
Thanks! Dave. I’m not sure when we will get ‘Dirty John’ here, so l will keep a lookout.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top