Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 10:28 AM

Re: Do you wash your hands?

Apparently Elvis didn't wash for years.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 11:42 AM

I don't wash my hands everytime I touch my dogs, but I do if I have spend time grooming or clipping them. If I am not immune to them now, I never will be.

I am much more careful with things outside the home though.

First thing I do when I come in from shopping etc, is wash my hands before I do anything.
I think of all the germs on the Asda escalator, shopping trolleys, and everything else I've touched. People sneeze without using their hanky etc.

Naturally I wash my hands when I have been gardening or handling the wild birds food/water dishes, picking up the dogs poo, come back from the doctor's waiting room, using the loo, and things like that.

How thoroughly you wash them is also important.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Apparently, it wasn't true. He said it to try and be funny.
The twit!
I have no idea who is is so don't really care what he says. He is a Twit.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 11:58 AM

I'd already washed my hands of this thread.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 12:12 PM

I always wash my hands before coming on the forum, I wouldn't want anyone to catch anything I've got!
I also washed my hands after reading his explanation...disgusting man!

If I rub my eyes after stroking Maddie the cat they puff up something frightening, so I always wash my hands after giving her a cuddle.....Same with Mrs Fox.....Well! I don't know where she's been or who she's been doing it with do I....

It always makes me think though, when you see a cat or a dog licking it's behind.... If we could do that [on ourselves I mean]it would makes us extremely sick, so why don't animals get sick....?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I always wash my hands before coming on the forum, I wouldn't want anyone to catch anything I've got!
I also washed my hands after reading his explanation...disgusting man!

If I rub my eyes after stroking Maddie the cat they puff up something frightening, so I always wash my hands after giving her a cuddle.....Same with Mrs Fox.....Well! I don't know where she's been or who she's been doing it with do I....

It always makes me think though, when you see a cat or a dog licking it's behind.... If we could do that [on ourselves I mean]it would makes us extremely sick, so why don't animals get sick....?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 12:25 PM

I wash my hands an awful lot but not to the point of being OCD!
It all stems from the Polio epidemic when l was l child. It was drummed into you that you must wash your hands frequently, especially after going to the toilet.
I always wash my hands when l get home from the supermarket or other public places. Or, if l touch the dustbin and before preparing food.
l think it helps as l rarely catch colds or get other infections like sickness and diahorrea bugs.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 12:51 PM

I think you should always wash your hands after stroking a Pet no matter what pet it is and also when cleaning a litter tray out or picking up dog poo.

I am always washing Coco's food and drink bowls out, but dry them on Kitchen paper not the Tea Towel.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 01:11 PM

The funny thing is that it's our computer keyboards and mobile phones that harbour the most germs.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The funny thing is that it's our computer keyboards and mobile phones that harbour the most germs.
You are so right Annie, and many other things like door handles & shopping trolleys.
Thanks to the manufacturers of cleaning products, we have all become obsessed with being clean.... and that is what prevents many people's immune systems from being able to deal with bacteria. The experts have been saying this for years, but we are all afraid of being considered "dirty"

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top