Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 09:23 AM

Re: On NOW ! Green Mile

I wanted to see it.....missed it again....tuts
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 09:31 AM

Great film watched it so many times.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 09:58 AM

Brilliant film!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 10:31 AM

I can't believe this film is now twenty years old. A great film albeit very sad. Just finished watching David Morse (Howell) in Escape at Dannemora.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 10:37 AM

Well hope some of you that hadn't seen it before were able to catch it in time. There are somethings that didn't quite make sense to me.

For example, when John Coffey deliberately "infects" the bad officer (Percy Wetmore) and thereby makes him shoot the death row inmate Wild Bill Wharton, the guy who really killed the 2 girls. Wild Bill was already on death row awaiting his turn in the electrocution chair, so he was going to get killed anyway so why did Coffey have him killed using the warden officer?

Nevertheless a good good film.

I noticed that in total Coffey performs 3 miracles (Hanks' problem down below, resurrecting the mouse and healing the warden's wife).

These three acts of goodness and kindness are juxtaposed against the 3 electric chair executions we see.

Overall this is a film against capital punishment. It highlights the attitutudes of some warden officers against prisoners but also showed how the justice system can completely get it wrong and thereby execute an innocent person.

Do people think we should bring back capital punishment or are the risks of putting innocent people through it too great?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I wanted to see it.....missed it again....tuts
Hi Summer

These things are always repeated multiple times in a week.

You can catch the film again this SATURDAY at 9.00pm on More4 again.

Set your recorder

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Well hope some of you that hadn't seen it before were able to catch it in time. There are somethings that didn't quite make sense to me.

For example, when John Coffey deliberately "infects" the bad officer (Percy Wetmore) and thereby makes him shoot the death row inmate Wild Bill Wharton, the guy who really killed the 2 girls. Wild Bill was already on death row awaiting his turn in the electrocution chair, so he was going to get killed anyway so why did Coffey have him killed using the warden officer?

Nevertheless a good good film.

I noticed that in total Coffey performs 3 miracles (Hanks' problem down below, resurrecting the mouse and healing the warden's wife).

These three acts of goodness and kindness are juxtaposed against the 3 electric chair executions we see.

Overall this is a film against capital punishment. It highlights the attitutudes of some warden officers against prisoners but also showed how the justice system can completely get it wrong and thereby execute an innocent person.

Do people think we should bring back capital punishment or are the risks of putting innocent people through it too great?

Just answering your question in the bold section Realist - well my take on it anyway.

Coffey 'foresaw' the infection would make Percy go insane and he'd end up in an asylum. (Didn't Percy have a 'thang' reading about mental institutions?). Also I guess, a kind of 'pay back' for him being such a cruel PIS not to mention he's actually a 'murderer' now for 'killing' Wild Bill, so if he ever became sane, he'd always be locked up

So for me, Coffey performed 4 miracles by giving Percy his just desserts
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:50 AM

Another mystery .... in the Shawshank Redemption, who replaced the poster once whatsisname had escaped down the tunnel? Ha! Riddle me that if you can.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top