Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 12:11 PM

Re: Are you sexist?

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Yes, but why was yesterday so different from usual?
Because all the blokes who knew what was good for them paid homage to the driving force behind their success!..
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Because all the blokes who knew what was good for them paid homage to the driving force behind their success!..
I don't understand that.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I don't understand that.
I do !!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I do !!
I'm working on it... it's quite deep and tricky...

Edit: Ah, yes, he's referring to Valentine's day, and how blokes paid homage to their partners...nothing to do with your parking problems Pyxell!!
He took your comment out of context, bad Foxy!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I don’t actually think one gender is better than the other
They are just different
I say, "thank goodness". Being a sexist isn't always a bad thing!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Surely it's like comparing Beethoven to the Beatles Annie...
Both men and women have strengths and weaknesses, but we are different and those differences should be applauded and not put into competition....

I like that Foxy.

It would be nice if strengths and weaknesses of the sexes complimented each other.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 04:28 PM

I am an admirer of the two sexes and that in order to respect and appreciate the other doesn't mean we have to be the same or treated the same (thank heavens) in every instance.

In the effort to make the sexes so much alike, we are too easily giving away the lovely nuanced differences between us that are admirable, attractive, and appreciative by/to/of one another.

I'm rarely a sexist, though as marmaduke mentioned, there are times that a man would be my preference for the job, and I think that reverse sexism could be dangerous - like his example of the house fire or if the hydraulics go out in an large airplane. Sometimes brut force and strength does the job that a woman cannot physically sustain.

Conversely, there are jobs that a man can be made to do that have been traditionally a female pursuit, like nursing a baby (don't ask, it can be done), that go against logic and the success of the species - or at least the individual child.

In all this, you can't or must do this, we are making it extremely confusing to young boys and girls about gender roles.

Equality does not mean "same".

Oh, and OGF, I could navigate you around the whole universe and back. Go ahead and drive and I'll get you there . Be nice; I packed sandwiches. .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I don’t actually think one gender is better than the other
They are just different
Totally agree.
We should enjoy the differences
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm not sexist but I believe that women and women have different character traits and levels of common sense.

Men are far more practical but women are better at multi-tasking, unless they are gay of course then the whole logic of men and women tend to merge into one big drama episode whereby everything is an uncontrollable screaming calamity!

I work in a warehouse where one of the managers is very old school. He's a bit of a Neanderthal, a dinosaur who sees women as beings who should cook, clean and be objects used for eye candy only. The warehouse is no place for women he will say with typical male chauvanism. he thrives on ignorance too: He's never read a book in his life, laughs at his stale old jokes and has his team of likewise flunkies around him guffawing at his every word.

We now have one woman on our shift who matches everything that the men on the shift can do - and with more accuracy and speed. It probably makes a big difference in the fact that she isn't English though...she is a grafter who never complains.

I do get irritated and impatient at drivers though, which is probably the one "sexist" part of my personality:
Why is it that women drivers cannot think ahead? Why don't they look at the opposite traffic lights when waiting at the lights, instead of staring blankly and nervously at the lights they are stopped at waiting to change?
Whey can't they reverse a car properly? Is it hormones?

So no I don't believe I'm sexist on the whole. I get annoyed with anyone who can't get their act together, male or female. But then I'd rather not have the wives with us when me and my pals go out for a beer either.
Bish Bash Bosh.....

By 'ec those BIB got my hackles up Floydy. Talk about lumping folk in one box.

My cousin, who believed in females being ladies, told me many years ago that I think like a bloke and have 'male' jobs.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oh, and OGF, I could navigate you around the whole universe and back. Go ahead and drive and I'll get you there . Be nice; I packed sandwiches. .
If I could have one wish right now, it would be to accompany you round the universe eating sandwiches and drinking Yorkshire tea.....Wouldn't we have some tales to tell each other on our voyage of discovery....Alas.....just a dream....

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top