Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 02:50 PM

Bargain!

Don't you just love a bargain?

Charity shop boots,never been worn,.leather upper,..£6.50pence,..

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	8740  
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 03:17 PM

Re: Bargain!

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Don't you just love a bargain?

Charity shop boots,never been worn,.leather upper,..£6.50pence,..
That's a real bargain! Are they comfy?

Out of interest, what make are they?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 03:37 PM

Very comfy,Pyxell,...they are Clarks boots.
Some people must have so much money,they don't know what to do with it!.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 04:22 PM

I love charity shops. I get loads of clothes from them. Occasionally shoes, too.

One of my best buys was a pure wool edge to edge, three-quarter length coat for £4. Spotless, and so useful.

Mind you, I give a lot to them, too.

Sometimes those things are almost new, or pretty brand new, due to just making a mistake! Something turns out to be not as comfortable as I first thought, and so gets left in the wardrobe for ages, etc!

The good thing about buying from charity shops is that if you do make a mistake, it doesn't cost too much!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 04:25 PM

I bought a thermal jumper three and half years ago to keep me warm whilst working in the garden. I still wear it every day, it's like an old mate. Cost me a few pounds.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-02-2019, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I bought a thermal jumper three and half years ago to keep me warm whilst working in the garden. I still wear it every day, it's like an old mate. Cost me a few pounds.

I hope you've washed it!..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-02-2019, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I love charity shops. I get loads of clothes from them. Occasionally shoes, too.

One of my best buys was a pure wool edge to edge, three-quarter length coat for £4. Spotless, and so useful.

Lucky you!.

Mind you, I give a lot to them, too.

Sometimes those things are almost new, or pretty brand new, due to just making a mistake! Something turns out to be not as comfortable as I first thought, and so gets left in the wardrobe for ages, etc!

The good thing about buying from charity shops is that if you do make a mistake, it doesn't cost too much!

I must say I have made a few mistakes,..bought and never worn,...I've waited ages for these boots,..nearly bought others,but resisted,because I knew I wouldn't wear them,...these ones,I know I will wear,..I do a heck of a lot of walking,..so time will tell how comfy they will be.

My friend is taking me out to lunch tomorrow,and we plan on doing the rounds,on all the charity shops.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 05:38 PM

Ooooo lovely!

I bought a brand new cushion with an embroidered bee on for my daughter (M&S £9.60) she loves bees, for £3. Some sea-sidey ornaments for my lounge, which is now beach themed (was Steampunk). I'm looking for a nice jacket now as my winter coat has been too warm lately.
Wells is excellent for charity shops, they get coach parties over from Wales!
Pyxell
South of England

15-02-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ooooo lovely!

I bought a brand new cushion with an embroidered bee on for my daughter (M&S £9.60) she loves bees, for £3. Some sea-sidey ornaments for my lounge, which is now beach themed (was Steampunk). I'm looking for a nice jacket now as my winter coat has been too warm lately.
Wells is excellent for charity shops, they get coach parties over from Wales!
I love steampunk!

I also love Wells!
(Plus Bath is just up the road!)
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 06:05 PM

I very rarely go near any shops, I just can't tolerate crowds anymore so most of my shopping is done online. I wish I wasn't so antisocial as I'd quite enjoy rummaging in a charity shop I think.

I have however donated lots of things to charity shops. When my husband died I went through his clothes and there were loads of brand new jeans still with the labels on so they went to the local charity shop along with a fair few other new or nearly new items. Anything that was unsuitable went in the local clothing bank.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top