Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 05:09 PM

Kids strike day

Well now I’ve seen it all ... kids have had a world strike day or something . Whilst I accept teachers will drop a day with the slightest excuse of snow or training or ‘anything’ I can’t believe we’ve given kids the power of strike action ... or rather we have taught them a lesson today ... if you feel passionate about anything then the way to solve it is to strike .. yeah right !
only last week head teachers were saying every mi ute counts in schools , even just missing one day is unacceptable ,taking kids outside school holidays is punishable by fines yet here we are today actively promoting kids to strike.

One can only wonder exactly what the aim was ? Did kids missing lessons ( great excuse for a long weekend ) stop global warming ? Did the polar bear population explode ? Whales on dirty plastic bottles /kids sweet wrappers beaches see any great difference ?
You see to teach the little darlings taking a day off sorts the worlds problems .. makes them feel involved innit !!

Would have made more sense and indeed been more believable to many ‘adults’ if their day of action was indeed spent doing something they are claiming to be so concerned about but I didn’t see it being a strike day whilst we pick up all our crap outside the chippy ... day of clearing the local park .. the beach ..nope , it was another long weekend for teachers and a day to explore fort nite from bed

Some adult somewhere can pick up the crap I drop daily another time !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 05:17 PM

Re: Kids strike day

I went on strike back in the 70's along with the rest of the school. The teachers were complaining about dinner duties or something which meant there were no school meals, so the whole school came out on strike. It was soon settled after that.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Well now I’ve seen it all ... kids have had a world strike day or something . Whilst I accept teachers will drop a day with the slightest excuse of snow or training or ‘anything’ I can’t believe we’ve given kids the power of strike action ... or rather we have taught them a lesson today ... if you feel passionate about anything then the way to solve it is to strike .. yeah right !
only last week head teachers were saying every mi ute counts in schools , even just missing one day is unacceptable ,taking kids outside school holidays is punishable by fines yet here we are today actively promoting kids to strike.

One can only wonder exactly what the aim was ? Did kids missing lessons ( great excuse for a long weekend ) stop global warming ? Did the polar bear population explode ? Whales on dirty plastic bottles /kids sweet wrappers beaches see any great difference ?
You see to teach the little darlings taking a day off sorts the worlds problems .. makes them feel involved innit !!

Would have made more sense and indeed been more believable to many ‘adults’ if their day of action was indeed spent doing something they are claiming to be so concerned about but I didn’t see it being a strike day whilst we pick up all our crap outside the chippy ... day of clearing the local park .. the beach ..nope , it was another long weekend for teachers and a day to explore fort nite from bed

Some adult somewhere can pick up the crap I drop daily another time !
Just what the country needs, right now, with the kids all being reminded that the way to get attention is to walk out of work.

Back to the 1960s - where's Maggie when you need her.

I hope we're not paying all those teachers who must have colluded in all this!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 05:21 PM

Good for the school children - they have a social conscience !!!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:03 PM

Just so crazy .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:07 PM

I have always believed a 'strike' to be the last resort of the inarticulate.

Edited to correct syntax.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:17 PM

Looks to me as though UJ is the only poster who has any idea what this strike was intended to do...

"Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings..."

Look out moron Trump, the next generation is on your case!!!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:19 PM

Going on strike is utterly wrong, no one gains in the end
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Going on strike is utterly wrong, no one gains in the end
We got our dinners back.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We got our dinners back.
Great result , I’m presuming tomorrow global warming will cease thanks to these little darlings bless em for saving the world

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top