Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 09:34 PM

Re: Moving House

we are council tenants so we are very lucky in that respect. it normally takes 42 working days.
but i must admit it makes it so much easier.
but good luck hope it happens soon.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by cathy ->
we are council tenants so we are very lucky in that respect. it normally takes 42 working days.
but i must admit it makes it so much easier.
but good luck hope it happens soon.
Thanks. Yes, I know how the council tenants system works when you want to move and it is alot easier.

Things are beginning to happen and I might have some news soon.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 04:28 PM

The chap who lived next door was taken in badly last year, he had plans to buy a pub, all the details had been agreed but he got gazumped at the last moment by another buyer for the pub.

He had already committed himself to his old house being sold so this left him homeless, the council had to re-home him, such a shame coz he's always been a hard worker.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2009, 09:53 PM

Hope its all sorted out soon, nothing worse than hanging about waiting...
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 01:22 PM

That's very sad Nero, but it does happen, even if you offer the asking price for a property.

Were supposed to be hearing something today or tomorrow. It's been way over 3 months the small chain is still very intact so that's one good thing but I must confess my husband and I are getting a bit fed up.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 01:46 PM

Fingers crossed you hear something soon....
Alicat
West Berkshire

08-10-2009, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Fingers crossed you hear something soon....

Thanks Mags and Moli. I've just been in contact with our Solicitor and she's heard nothing yet. My husband and I are getting fed up really, it's been 3 and a half months and there's not really a chain as such so it should have gone through fairly quickly. I don't know if I mentioned it before but our first time buyer is buying through Catalyst (getting funding help through the Government) and that's what's holding it up. Catalyst are so slow at doing anything, plus our buyer has taken out a higher mortgage as originally arranged.

Were going in for a much bigger house than what weve got now. My husband and I are going to talk tonight, we may decide weve had enough and pull out. We'll see. I'll keep you all posted anyway.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 04:32 PM

Sometimes I think the fates work out what will happen.
Maybe you weren't meant to go for this one? Maybe there is a better house just over the horizon? Who knows.
Good luck with whatever you decide - there's a time in the chain when we all wonder if it's worth it
Alicat
West Berkshire

08-10-2009, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Sometimes I think the fates work out what will happen.
Maybe you weren't meant to go for this one? Maybe there is a better house just over the horizon? Who knows.
Good luck with whatever you decide - there's a time in the chain when we all wonder if it's worth it
Thanks dinahsmum, couldn't agree more with what you've said. I also am a great believer in fate.
Alicat
West Berkshire

15-10-2009, 02:38 PM

I guess it's time for another update on our house moving ......... Well it's all come to a head now. Last Friday we told our estate agent and solicitor that if we don't exchange in two weeks we are pulling out so they said we should be exchanging on Monday, well last Monday has been and gone and we still haven't exchanged!! Then yesterday it come to light that our buyer hadn't even signed the contract and paid the deposit money over yet I tell you, it's enough to drive you insane!! Yesterday the people we are buying off said either we all exchange tomorrow (meaning today) or they will pull out So our buyer has to see her solicitor to sign the contract and exchange .... sounds fair enough but she is a teacher and doesn't think she will get the time off to do it!! It's all a complete mess and has been going on way over three months and were really cheesed off with it now. Weve decided to stay here if it does all fall through. I should know more tomorrow.

I've just been reading about Scorpio's moving hell on Dogsey, it really is a nightmare moving. She was lucky, she got in there in the end, not so sure about ours.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top