Join for free
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 04:24 PM

Condensor Tumble Dryer

Has anyone got one? We are thinking about getting one. Apparently you don't have to have the pipe going out of the window, it just goes into a box of water. Me thinks it's got to be easier than having a window open while it's on. Are they any good?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 04:28 PM

Re: Condensor Tumble Dryer

My recently deceased washing machine was actually a combined washer/drier (though I hadn't used the drier function for literally years). It dried 'condenser fashion' and the liquid it removed just went away down the drain, like the washing machine water. I'm sure it's the same idea with a stand-alone drier, except that as you wouldn't have it 'plumbed in' you'd need to collect the moisture and discard it.
Must be better than the steamy 'big snake' style.
There was never any steam or much in the way of heat really from mine.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Thanks for that dinahsmum, sounds good, I'll definitely be getting one.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 02:31 PM

I had a one for a while and to be honest hated it, the utilityroom got so hot...when we moved house, left it for the new owners and got a outside venting one...
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
I had a one for a while and to be honest hated it, the utilityroom got so hot...when we moved house, left it for the new owners and got a outside venting one...
The best option IMO Moli, all that heat and moisture from the machines has to go somewhere and it's best outside, venting it indoors leads to condensation and other problems.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2009, 04:09 PM

I had a washer/drier years ago, I didn't like it at all...... when it gave up the ghost, I was so pleased to get back to a normal automatic washer.
Alicat
West Berkshire

23-10-2009, 04:51 PM

Sorry, hadn't looked at this thread for awhile. Thanks for all your views, much appreciated. On reflection I think I'll get an ordinary drier and have the vent going out the window.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top