Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 01:18 PM

Re: The 2012/2013 Football Season - Fans Thread

Seems like one rule for some and another rule for others in that respect.

John, I notice that the Imps are on telly tonight, playing at Forest Green Rovers, that's if you have access to the Premier Sports Channel, good luck to them anyway, K O is at 19.45 hrs.

Nice to see our lot registering a win at West Brom as they set out to defend the trophy that they won last season, a lot more positive performance and in some instances the football was superb, I think Brendan Rodgers is going to have a very nice dilemma to ponder on once the whole squad is back from injuries and suspensions, lot of plus performances from the new faces for me.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 04:41 PM

John, I notice that the Imps are on telly tonight, playing at Forest Green Rovers, that's if you have access to the Premier Sports Channel, good luck to them anyway, K O is at 19.45 hrs.

Thanks for that info Bob, unfortunately I don't have access to that particular channel, although I did check it out, and was surprised at the range of coverage of the lesser sports as they're called on it. Good team Forest Green, we'll be extremely lucky to get anything there. Your boys (and I do mean boys), played some great stuff against the Baggies, really pleased for Brendan Rogers, as most Football fans wish him well in that hot seat at Anfield.Strange to think a few years ago, most Imps fans were saying, when are we going to get out of this League(League Two)? Now its, hellfire, got to stay in the Blue Square Premier at all costs!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

28-09-2012, 04:44 PM

This weekends fixtures,

Tonight (Friday). Forest Green V Lincoln City Kick-off 19:45

Saturday. Norwich V Liverpool Kick-off 15:00

Monday. QPR V West Ham Kick-off 20:00
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 09:12 PM

Unfortunately John your prediction was correct and the Imps were punished to the tune of 3-0, no comfort I know, but Forest Green are the league leaders.

Liverpool certainly put Norwich to the sword, winning at Carrow road 5-2 with that man Luis Suarez claiming a hat trick(he could have had more) plus Steven Gerrard and Nuri Sahin getting in on the act to give the Reds their first league win of the season.
Good luck for Monday Hammer, should be a fantastic atmosphere.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

05-10-2012, 08:41 PM

Good win for West Ham, 2-1 v QPR in the London derby encounter but my lot flopped at home yet again, this time to Udinese in the Europa League, losing 2-3 after leading 1-0 at half time, they are still not gelling and the defence was very poor, being unable to cope with sudden breaks by the visitors, back to the drawing board for everyone concerned, so disappointing this early in the season but we must never lose hope.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2012, 10:13 AM

Bob, I'm sorry to say that this is my last post. I am not happy with the way the forum has become, apart from this great football thread. It seems we have attracted quite a few head-the-balls of late, and to be honest, I've had enough of all the bitterness and bile. I think you'll find our old mate Hammer has jumped ship also for similar reasons. I wish you and the Reds all the best, been nice knowing you...John.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

06-10-2012, 04:55 PM

So sorry to hear that John, I don't go in to many other threads on this forum so honestly cannot say that I was aware of any trouble anywhere, yes I do know about Hammer and now that you have also bailed out it is going to seem rather strange and maybe pointless trying to keep this thread going, what a terrible shame that anonymous nobodies have caused you so much trouble, good luck and best wishes for the future John.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2012, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
Bob, I'm sorry to say that this is my last post. I am not happy with the way the forum has become, apart from this great football thread. It seems we have attracted quite a few head-the-balls of late, and to be honest, I've had enough of all the bitterness and bile. I think you'll find our old mate Hammer has jumped ship also for similar reasons. I wish you and the Reds all the best, been nice knowing you...John.
John I have just seen this and I am shocked to hear you are quitting. I sincerely hope you will reconsider your decision.
I will really miss your keen sense of humour and your honest approach to everything. I wish you and your dear wife good health and happiness in the future, God bless you and many thanks for your company.
Jimmy.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

12-10-2012, 01:04 PM

Hi Jimmy, nice to see that you are still around, thought that you had baled out as well

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top