Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 11:25 AM

Re: Free Trade Agreement

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
If they can't do that they should get their noses out of the trough and step down.
And back to topic of trading.

Where there’s money to be made, Albion is always up for sale! Sadly, that is not surprising. The UK seems to be a champion of the "it’s nothing personal, just business" attitude. Why bother with morals when the cash is coming in?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9155536.html
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

15-10-2019, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Parliament is taking advantage of a weak government when a general election is requested by the government the cowards in the opposite benches run, hide and stare at the floor.

It says it all

What polls have labour or the lib dems ahead?

The brexit issues are because if parliament and those who refuse to serve their own constituencies and only themselves. If you think the next election will turn a blind eye to the treachery then think again. This one will give your mates Corbyn and Swinson the hiding of their lives.
I'm not sure why you think Corbyn and Swinson are my mates but we'll let that pass. As I mentioned before I pay very little attention to polls so I have no idea which, if any, put them ahead. Once again you will have to do your own research on that.
My original point was that the last election didn't 'sort out brexit', and there is little to suggest the next one will either, as a hung parliament is the most likely outcome. That's certainly what the bookies, who are shrewder than the pollsters in these matters, believe - even if you don't.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
I'm not sure why you think Corbyn and Swinson are my mates but we'll let that pass. As I mentioned before I pay very little attention to polls so I have no idea which, if any, put them ahead. Once again you will have to do your own research on that.
My original point was that the last election didn't 'sort out brexit', and there is little to suggest the next one will either, as a hung parliament is the most likely outcome. That's certainly what the bookies, who are shrewder than the pollsters in these matters, believe - even if you don't.
Yes, the last election did sort out Brexit - or it should have. Both Conservative and Labour stood on manifestos to deliver on Brexit - look at what they did since then in Parliament. Some even joined the "revoke A50" Lib Debs without any by-election being held, something Sarah Wollaston actually campaigned for before she decided to ignore it and go to the "sell-out" lib dems.

You should pay attention to polls - labour should be about 20 points in front of the tories by now but they are way behind, about level with the Lib Dems. Add up the points from Brexit parties and then add up the points from the remain parties. This should also give you some idea about how the country feels about Brexit.
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

15-10-2019, 05:04 PM

Yes, the last election did sort out Brexit .
On which planet?
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

15-10-2019, 05:20 PM

You should pay attention to polls - labour should be about 20 points in front of the tories by now but they are way behind, about level with the Lib Dems. Add up the points from Brexit parties and then add up the points from the remain parties. This should also give you some idea about how the country feels about Brexit.
Your faith in the polls remains touching but adding up all the points in the world doesn't alter the current political balance.
I already know how the country feels about Brexit, in round figures about 40% think its a great idea, 35% a terrible idea, and 25% didn't express a view at the last referendum, but may have a view now and vote accordingly if there is an election.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
Your faith in the polls remains touching but adding up all the points in the world doesn't alter the current political balance.
I already know how the country feels about Brexit, in round figures about 40% think its a great idea, 35% a terrible idea, and 25% didn't express a view at the last referendum, but may have a view now and vote accordingly if there is an election.

So you agree with me then

Why doesn't corbyn and swinson want a general election if the polls aren't to be believed ?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 07:16 PM

Was certainly glad to hear, via the DT, that the HOC is determined to ensure that Double voting will not happen in the next election/referendum.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top