Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 09:45 AM

The Dublin Murders

Did anyone watch this last night?

I was with a friend and we thought we would give it a try - ended up totally confused. It kept going backward and forward in time.

A female detective appeared to have issues with a case she was given and was making up reasons to drop it - surely she could just declare a conflict of issues?

A male detective turns out to have been a victim of a child abuse/abduction crime - would that not have come to light and been investigated before he was admitted to An Garda Síochána?

Apart from all that - there was too much gratuitous swearing for my liking - I do not think we will be watching any more episodes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 10:15 AM

Re: The Dublin Murders

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Did anyone watch this last night?

I was with a friend and we thought we would give it a try - ended up totally confused. It kept going backward and forward in time.

A female detective appeared to have issues with a case she was given and was making up reasons to drop it - surely she could just declare a conflict of issues?

A male detective turns out to have been a victim of a child abuse/abduction crime - would that not have come to light and been investigated before he was admitted to An Garda Síochána?

Apart from all that - there was too much gratuitous swearing for my liking - I do not think we will be watching any more episodes.
I watched it, ST and l also feel the swearing was excessive. Ok a few swearwords might have been acceptable but that was too much.

It was confusing, especially when he was sniffing the mustard coloured child’s jumper.... but by the end, l felt l understood it a bit more.
He had changed his name too, so why wasn’t that picked up on when checks were being made on him when he joined the police force?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 10:27 AM

Also - if it was about Dublin - why was most of it filmed in and around Belfast?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 10:29 AM

This is weird.... I watched it, quite enjoyed it and I honestly didn't notice any swearing. Perhaps swearing is so commonplace that I no longer notice.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 10:30 AM

Also - if it was about Dublin - why was most of it filmed in and around Belfast?
I didn’t notice that. I only know the famous O'Connell Street in Dublin and a few surrounding areas.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-10-2019, 03:51 PM

I honestly, don’t know what to make of this series. There are eight episodes and l feel it will be just drawn out and you will still be no further at understanding what it’s all about?.

Does anybody really know what’s going on? It seems Cassie the detective is also Lexi?
The male detective Rob, was called something else previously. He has nightmares about wolves coming into his bedroom and gets a spasm in his neck and his head ends up on his shoulder!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-10-2019, 03:56 PM

Who's that creepy guy who keeps breaking into Cassie/Lexi's flat?

Does anyone think there is something seriously weird about Rosalind?

It seems Rob is actually Adam - the only one of three children to come out of the woods after the first abduction. Now someone in the Garda Síochána recruitment office didn't do a very good job of checking his background - did they?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I honestly, don’t know what to make of this series. There are eight episodes and l feel it will be just drawn out and you will still be no further at understanding what it’s all about?.

Does anybody really know what’s going on? It seems Cassie the detective is also Lexi?
The male detective Rob, was called something else previously. He has nightmares about wolves coming into his bedroom and gets a spasm in his neck and his head ends up on his shoulder!
Ha ha. As I sat watching the second episode, I thought of this thread and what we would be saying about it. Frankly, I haven't got a clue what is going on now. The direction is appalling in my opinion. I don't think I will be watching another six episodes that's for sure.

Incidentally, Mrs LD has just finished reading another novel by Tana French and assures me that it is just as drawn out as Dublin murders.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-10-2019, 04:04 PM

Another question - who is the guy wandering about in the road carrying a tin of paint? Where on earth does he fit into the scheme of things?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-10-2019, 04:09 PM

Who's that creepy guy who keeps breaking into Cassie/Lexi's flat?

Does anyone think there is something seriously weird about Rosalind?

It seems Rob is actually Adam - the only one of three children to come out of the woods after the first abduction. Now someone in the Garda Síochána recruitment office didn't do a very good job of checking his background - did they?
ST, To me, Rosalind and the rest of the family look like Quakers or something out of the Handmaiden series.

I don’t trust the dad Jonathan, he’s a bit weird. I wondered if he does rude stuff to the daughters, hence the girl sleeping with her sister or mother? They all look the same to me!

I had to turn down the sound when one of them let out that blood curdling scream like the banshee!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top