Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 02:45 PM

Re: When your job is on TV.

I know a bit about weapons, so seeing cops etc, blasting away dozens of rounds without reloading makes me chuckle, and hand grenades that blow up tanks is always worth a laugh.
Something that I have also noticed on the tv and films, it's only the US that gets attacked by aliens, only the US that has huge meteor strikes, it's only the US that is being destroyed by super volcanoes, super earthquakes, super tsunamis etc, and the saviour of the country is always a discredited geek and a spotty youth. Not forgetting that there is always a General, with a badly fitted beret who wants to nuke everything.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 03:35 PM

Hi

Many years ago I used to do the Life of Grime stuff, that is fairly accurate, but without the smell.

CSI and NCIS always makes me laugh, hacking into secure databases, DNA results in hours, hilarious.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 03:43 PM

I just wish all doctors could diagnose like Dr. House!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I just wish all doctors could diagnose like Dr. House!
Just been watching a few box sets of House, do like his boss, curvy girl
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
What amazes me more is what a load of TV addicts we have on this forum, nearly every other topic is about TV or films....Jeez
May I suggest, that if you are not a fan of tv or film, you stay away from the tv and film thread?? And maybe let us tv and film fans post about what we like without putting up with your 'observations'??

Just saying...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Many years ago I used to do the Life of Grime stuff, that is fairly accurate, but without the smell.

CSI and NCIS always makes me laugh, hacking into secure databases, DNA results in hours, hilarious.
I can see that the documentary programmes are reasonably accurate although they are mostly scripted these days.
Do you mean that you actually appeared on Life of Grime?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I know a bit about weapons, so seeing cops etc, blasting away dozens of rounds without reloading makes me chuckle, and hand grenades that blow up tanks is always worth a laugh.
Something that I have also noticed on the tv and films, it's only the US that gets attacked by aliens, only the US that has huge meteor strikes, it's only the US that is being destroyed by super volcanoes, super earthquakes, super tsunamis etc, and the saviour of the country is always a discredited geek and a spotty youth. Not forgetting that there is always a General, with a badly fitted beret who wants to nuke everything.
Yes and it's always America that saves the planet in the end.
Heatherbelle
Canada
Heatherbelle is female  Heatherbelle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 04:20 PM

I can almost hear the universal groan of personnel in the medical profession. Whaaaaaaaaaaat?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-08-2016, 04:32 PM

Going back to Holby City, How do the staff have the time to get so involved with the patients' woes?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2016, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Have you ever watched a programme or film that shows someone doing your job and thought it just wasn't correct?

I have been in the plumbing trade for about 12 years now and quite often see the cliché plumber who stops a spurting tap by getting under the sink with his wrench, taps a few times and the leak is fixed. Not gonna happen!

Shouldn't the tv/film companies make more effort to get these things right? I have heard that programmes such as Holby City are fairly true to life and they do their homework but what about other jobs on tv?

What about your job on tv?
Holby City true to life????? Don't believe it!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top