Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 03:54 PM

Re: An interesting item about electric vehicles …

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Electric motors, like electric heating, are certainly more efficient than other options.

However, compare the cost of electric heating to that of gas and other fuels!
My point still stands.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 07:59 AM

Can't be bothered to read back the whole thread, but, has anyone answered where, the lost revenue from fossil fuel is going to come from?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 08:00 AM

That's a lot of taxation to forgo.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Can't be bothered to read back the whole thread, but, has anyone answered where, the lost revenue from fossil fuel is going to come from?
No problem. They'll make up any shortfall with taxes. They're worse than the Sheriff of Nottingham. We need another Robin Hood.

Ah, Boris Hood looks promising!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Aren't electric cars going to use more fossil fuels? Electric cars just move the carbon production to somewhere else (ie from the vehicle exhaust to the power station stacks).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Aren't electric cars going to use more fossil fuels? Electric cars just move the carbon production to somewhere else (ie from the vehicle exhaust to the power station stacks).

They keep the eco-warriors happy though!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 06:26 PM

We should be going down the hydrogen fuel route in my opinion:

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...-have-a-future
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-07-2019, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
We should be going down the hydrogen fuel route in my opinion:

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...-have-a-future
I can't read this, as I have an ad blocker. However, I agree that hydrogen powered vehicles could overcome the problem of lack of range of electric vehicles.

However, if the eco-warriors were aware of how hydrogen is produced, perhaps they wouldn't be too keen. Power cells and such like all require energy for their production and windmills aren't going to fit the bill!

We need many more nuclear power stations.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can't read this, as I have an ad blocker. However, I agree that hydrogen powered vehicles could overcome the problem of lack of range of electric vehicles.

However, if the eco-warriors were aware of how hydrogen is produced, perhaps they wouldn't be too keen. Power cells and such like all require energy for their production and windmills aren't going to fit the bill!

We need many more nuclear power stations.
I also could not read the item on the link for the same reason, very annoying.

A quick search though found more information about hydrogen-powered cars, see the link below plus another link below that is a website about hydrogen production:

https://www.nwnewsnetwork.org/post/t...looks-electric

https://hydrogeneurope.eu/hydrogen-production-0
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-07-2019, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I also could not read the item on the link for the same reason, very annoying.

A quick search though found more information about hydrogen-powered cars, see the link below plus another link below that is a website about hydrogen production:

https://www.nwnewsnetwork.org/post/t...looks-electric

https://hydrogeneurope.eu/hydrogen-production-0
Thanks. I much prefer to read from sources that don't constantly bombard me with adverts!

As it explains, most methods of hydrogen production rely on electrolysis or perhaps fossil fuels, so my choice would be nuclear power in preference.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top