Join for free
Anna B
Norfolk
Anna B is female  Anna B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 05:01 PM

Rutland Water Ospreys

Can't see whether there is a thread about the Rutland ospreys. If there is I apologise.

http://www.ospreys.org.uk/

I've watched this nest (the Manton Bay one) for several years.
Last year, sadly, the male of the pair did not make it back from his Winter quarters (Africa). His mate (Maya) sat in the nest for a long time waiting for him. It was sad to see. Then eventually she gave up and took a new mate. They did have eggs (am not now sure if any hatched .. I think they did rear one or two, but not sure.
This year Maya (an un ringed bird) and her mate both made it back to Rutland and they have three eggs. Must be ready for hatching soon.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 05:02 PM

Re: Rutland Water Ospreys

Beautiful Anna
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 05:05 PM

Long time since i visited Rutland water, it was prior to the Osprey reintroduction, glad to hear they are still around though.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 05:49 PM

Jolly good, handsome birds!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2016, 07:45 PM

A friend of mine lives nearby and has got some photos, I'll try to put them on here next week.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top