Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 06:54 AM

Facing certain death

A neighbor of mine has been diagnosed with cancer and because he is Mexican, without any health insurance, he is facing certain death during the next several months. In Mexico, hospitals simply do not treat anyone unless they pay "up-front". That has got me to thinking. I wonder how a person in such circumstances comes to grips with the inevitable ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 07:36 AM

Re: Facing certain death

What a difficult situation, Bakerman. Not one I would care to face. Bad enough to be told there is nothing that can be done - but to know something could be done if one only had the money must be devastating.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 08:03 AM

Poor man .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
. That has got me to thinking. I wonder how a person in such circumstances comes to grips with the inevitable ?
That is so incredibly sad. I imagine that a lot of grief, frustration and anger comes in. If he was living over here the family would have set up an online fund for people to donate. I hope something like that can happen - family get together and try to help him....what an awful inhumane situation to be in.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 08:28 AM

Awful situation poor man

May ask what cost it would be to have medical insurance in your country and does that include dental work.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 08:30 AM

Bakerman if he had been seriously injured by a vehicle on the road, would he not get medical care then?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Bakerman if he had been seriously injured by a vehicle on the road, would he not get medical care then?
I'm not positive but I think that the other guys insurance would pay for it... provided the other guy was at fault.

I happen to know about an American who got in an accident but he did not have the correct insurance. Even though he was seriously injured the cops arrested him and he died in jail from his injuries.

I'm interested in how a person faces death. How does he/she face the inevitable ???
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 09:48 AM

Well we will all have to face it one day and in the not too distance future either but hopefully not in such sad and avoidable circumstances as this poor man . Are there no charitable institutions who will help him?
I always admire people especially young people who are terminally ill and face death with such courage . I dont know how they do it.
It’s so sad.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 11:32 AM

all I know about facing death is when I was in hospital and my wife was told to expect the worst that I may not "make" it. One never believes one is going to die in the hope that the illness will go away
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 11:44 AM

Death is as natural as birth. It awaits us all but it's the suffering that comes before it that people dread more than the actual event. I am very sorry for this man and hope he can at least get painkillers and some sort of palliative care.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top