Page 9 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

19-07-2021, 08:23 PM

Re: Music concerts that you’ve attended

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Yes, it was a great capture. I loved the swaying background singers as well
One of my biggest regrets was not going to see Pink Floyd playing at Earls Court in 1994.A few friends wanted to go and queue up and see if they could get some tickets.I decide not to bother with the queueing up..They managed to get tickets from a tout.
Anyway roll on 20 odd years later and tbh Brit Floyd sounded as tight as the original band.
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

19-07-2021, 08:29 PM

Yes to those - great stuff. I also feel that my concert days are numbered
Yep
Thats why I prefer smaller venues,pubs,clubs.Queuing up with 12000 people doesn't appear to me anymore And a soon as you find your seat..I need to to toilet

I'm sure once lockdown is over and things start opening up hopefully the smaller venues will open up as well.

What's the gig scene like over in SA ? you must have local bands etc doing local gigs.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Roj Blake ->
Yep
Thats why I prefer smaller venues,pubs,clubs.Queuing up with 12000 people doesn't appear to me anymore And a soon as you find your seat..I need to to toilet

I'm sure once lockdown is over and things start opening up hopefully the smaller venues will open up as well.

What's the gig scene like over in SA ? you must have local bands etc doing local gigs.
Thanks for asking. The local bands don’t really play my time of music

The bands are so few and far between. I enjoy Prime Circle and the Parlatones ( I’ve seen them at gigs) here’s a tiny sample if you’re up to it :

Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:06 PM

I remember when I was at school a few of us went to see some band but I can’t remember who!,, I think it was hawkwind, but not sure, there were a few others too but I cant remember. I have seen though
Procol harem
Status quo ( twice)
One of the best concerts I’ve been to was a charity event at the NEC, ELO 2 featured ( without Jeff lynne) but among them were Edwin starr,
Roy wood
Tom Robinson
And several others, I think it was hosted by Jasper carrot, for me, Edwin Starr and Roy wood stole the show, they were absolutely brilliant, recently we went to see caro emerald, I even managed to get her autograph…..
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:07 PM

One of my biggest regrets was not going to see Pink Floyd playing at Earls Court in 1994.A few friends wanted to go and queue up and see if they could get some tickets.I decide not to bother with the queueing up..They managed to get tickets from a tout.
Anyway roll on 20 odd years later and tbh Brit Floyd sounded as tight as the original band.
They say, hindsight is a perfect science. Life isn’t life without some regret
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

19-07-2021, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I remember when I was at school a few of us went to see some band but I can’t remember who!,, I think it was hawkwind, but not sure, there were a few others too but I cant remember. I have seen though
Procol harem
Status quo ( twice)
One of the best concerts I’ve been to was a charity event at the NEC, ELO 2 featured ( without Jeff lynne) but among them were Edwin starr,
Roy wood
Tom Robinson
And several others, I think it was hosted by Jasper carrot, for me, Edwin Starr and Roy wood stole the show, they were absolutely brilliant, recently we went to see caro emerald, I even managed to get her autograph…..
Some nice bands Primus
ELO, Status Quo. The rest I’ve got to look up - I’m going to be very busy
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

19-07-2021, 09:15 PM

They say, hindsight is a perfect science. Life isn’t life without some regret
True
And as they also say 'live and learn'
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

19-07-2021, 09:21 PM

True
And as they also say 'live and learn'
Then you may enjoy this local tune - on my current playlist

Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

19-07-2021, 09:25 PM

Thanks for asking. The local bands don’t really play my time of music

The bands are so few and far between. I enjoy Prime Circle and the Parlatones ( I’ve seen them at gigs) here’s a tiny sample if you’re up to it :

They sound ok
The Parlotones remind me of early Stereophonics
and Prime Circle reminds me off Bush.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

19-07-2021, 09:29 PM

And if I really push the boundaries- this is Afrikaans (Belgian Dutch kind of)
Beautiful lyrics.

Basically he’s singing - be still and came lay here beside me tonight - in the stillness

Page 9 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top