Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 02:07 AM

Re: My first week

New job, new horizons.
Sounds good.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 05:36 AM

It sounds promising and interesting in that it changes with the wind. It sounds to me like you are getting paid and getting a good workout. I hope the next week is even better!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 10:13 AM

Thanks everyone, I’ll keep you posted
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 11:44 AM

Primus, l am pleased your first week went well and you’re feeling less stressed.

Are you working in a Nursing home or a Retirement home?
I used to do hairdressing in a Nursing home and one patient used to steal my perm curlers or something else and hide them in his room.
He put them with all the other stuff he’d stolen from local shops!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Primus, l am pleased your first week went well and you’re feeling less stressed.

I used to do hairdressing in a Nursing home and one patient used to steal my perm curlers or something else and hide them in his room.
My Dad suffered from Parkinson's disease and used to do similar to the patient you mention. When he was in a London hospital for a serious operation I used to visit him daily. That was not easy and needing a break from it all I used to go down to the café and one time left my jacket on the chair next to his bed. On my return I noticed that a packet of sweets and an Underground train timetable had gone missing. That must be something to do with dementia I guess and Parkinson's is a really awful disease to deal with, for both the patient and family.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Hi art, yes it’s a nursing home, a few with dementia and tbh, it’s a bit worrying for me in how to deal with them, but I will get training at some point..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 01:53 PM

Primus,

Just make sure the cook is looking after you,with meals,coffee,tea and cake.

If not...i will be having words with her,

I work with dementia patients.some can be quite challenging ,..if you are at all worried...go to manager or who ever is in charge.

Some are also unpredictable and can lash out...

Take care...pleased you got through your first week...with many more to come.
Primus1
York

23-11-2019, 04:21 PM

Thanks Pauline
Yes plenty of tea and biscuits so far
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 05:22 PM

Hi

How lovely for you, everyday different, job satisfaction in helping people and no nasty bosses.
Primus1
York

23-11-2019, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

How lovely for you, everyday different, job satisfaction in helping people and no nasty bosses.
Yes swims, that’s the hope anyway, it seems ok at face value,, I’m more or less my own boss, paperwork is still a bit hit n miss for me, but that will come, a case of so far so good, hopefully this will see me into retirement..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top