Join for free
Page 9 of 15 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:29 PM

Re: Do you exercise?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Since acquiring the pup, I have to say I am doing more walking than I used to which was always part of the plan. I started walking him at 6;30 in the morning for a while which was great and I could feel myself getting fitter for it but recently I have discovered that he is not a morning dog and now refuses to walk anywhere before 10am.

Still doing two walks per day though, only 25mins each a the moment until he is older.
You need a cat or two.

They can walk themselves.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You need a cat or two.

They can walk themselves.

I still have two but they only really walk to the cupboard where we keep the treats.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We also do two. The first is usually an hour and the second a half hour or more. Our dog is off the lead for most of it and noses around so he travels a lot further than we walk.
Yes, when he is fully grown we will be able to do more with him which means more excercise.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:42 PM

Sorry to hear that. Is that related to the exercise in anyway LQ?
I m not sure but I have to say I have done some pretty gruelling cardio work over the years trying to lose weight.

I am seriously thinking I may have caused my own heart issues as I may have overworked the heart muscle. Gyms and personal trainers don't want you of this they just encourage you to work as hard as you can.

When I think of how hard I pushed my body I m feeling so cross with myself for not having common sense and realising, I was overweight pounding that treadmill, spin bike and cross trainer, it's obvious it would be a strain on the heart, how stupid was I
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-10-2019, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I m not sure but I have to say I have done some pretty gruelling cardio work over the years trying to lose weight.

I am seriously thinking I may have caused my own heart issues as I may have overworked the heart muscle. Gyms and personal trainers don't want you of this they just encourage you to work as hard as you can.

When I think of how hard I pushed my body I m feeling so cross with myself for not having common sense and realising, I was overweight pounding that treadmill, spin bike and cross trainer, it's obvious it would be a strain on the heart, how stupid was I
I think any form of exercise can be overdone and when we start to enjoy it, we want to do it more and more so don't be so hard on yourself. Personally I don't think exercise is the be all and end all but okay in moderation.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:50 PM

I think any form of exercise can be overdone and when we start to enjoy it, we want to do it more and more so don't be so hard on yourself. Personally I don't think exercise is the be all and end all but okay in moderation.
Moderation is most definitely the key. The only exercise I do know is swimming and walking wish I d never done the intense training but it's too late now "sigh"

I seriously think it needs to be highlighted in gyms that too much exercise is dangerous x
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:57 PM

I still have two but they only really walk to the cupboard where we keep the treats.
Of course. They're not stupid!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 06:44 PM

I seriously think it needs to be highlighted in gyms that too much exercise is dangerous x
Lol! Yeah, tell me about it!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 07:09 PM

What exactly is the problem with your heart Lion Queen? If you don't mind me asking....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-10-2019, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What exactly is the problem with your heart Lion Queen? If you don't mind me asking....
OGF is right. If you have a healthy heart, exercising should not do it any harm. Perhaps you could ask your GP's advice and, if necessary, have an ECG.

Page 9 of 15 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top