Join for free
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 12:55 PM

Re: Farage U turn

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Irrelevant. I am talking about the UK EU border which your hero Nigel Farage says will be completely open and NO NEED for a UK passport.
He has long been talking about the arrangements already there being enough I am guessing that is what he was saying that remain have taken to mean something totally different,

But sometimes he says things to make EU sit up and take notice so could also be that.
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
He has long been talking about the arrangements already there being enough I am guessing that is what he was saying that remain have taken to mean something totally different,

But sometimes he says things to make EU sit up and take notice so could also be that.

The thing is Julie he changes his mind and avoids detail all the time. Do you remember him saying we could be like Norway? What happened to that idea? Norway is prosperous and is not in the EU. Why can't we be like them? I'm sure the EU would agree. But now he only wants us to leave without a deal.

Here's what I think. He wants to break up the EU do Trump's bidding and doesn't mind who gets hurt in the process.

His position on food labelling. The EU want better, clearer food labelling. He wants to deregulate. What do you want?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 01:57 PM

The thing is Julie he changes his mind and avoids detail all the time. Do you remember him saying we could be like Norway? What happened to that idea? Norway is prosperous and is not in the EU. Why can't we be like them? I'm sure the EU would agree. But now he only wants us to leave without a deal.

Here's what I think. He wants to break up the EU do Trump's bidding and doesn't mind who gets hurt in the process.

His position on food labelling. The EU want better, clearer food labelling. He wants to deregulate. What do you want?
I and the majority want to leave Reality??
Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 02:03 PM

Regulations alone are not enough. You have to live by the rules. Boris should be a living example of that.

Salmonella alert issued after 100 people infected by UK eggs in three years
Warning follows joint investigation that uncovered hundreds of regulation breaches by farms, packing stations and wholesalers*
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...in-three-years
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 06:04 PM

He actually said we can do a lot better than norway. Look at the populations of countries in EFTA that should gove you a clue.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

24-09-2019, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You need to understand the common travel area in Ireland.

Conspiracy theory always has a bit of a boost around 9/11
It like a full moon
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by AidoPotato ->
It like a full moon
Like titanic, brexit can be sunk. You need only two capable men to achieve it.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	C8mVJG_XgAIy0WT.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	10746  
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 07:05 PM

It seems these threads seem to get diverted very easily. The point is this. One of Nigel Farage's most successful arguments before the 2016 vote was that EU citizens can simply walk into the UK on an EU passport and so long as we are members of the EU there is nothing we can do about it. He even mentioned that 70 million Turks would soon have that right.

He went on to say that we need to leave the EU in order to "take back control of our laws and our borders".

About 4 years on from that for the only EU/UK land border we have he is proposing an open border!

For me that is one hell of a U Turn and I'm not sure the 17.4 million really understand its significance.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 07:36 PM

It seems these threads seem to get diverted very easily. The point is this. One of Nigel Farage's most successful arguments before the 2016 vote was that EU citizens can simply walk into the UK on an EU passport and so long as we are members of the EU there is nothing we can do about it. He even mentioned that 70 million Turks would soon have that right.

He went on to say that we need to leave the EU in order to "take back control of our laws and our borders".

About 4 years on from that for the only EU/UK land border we have he is proposing an open border!

For me that is one hell of a U Turn and I'm not sure the 17.4 million really understand its significance.
Yes but we had ambitions to rule the arab world. (Turkey first).

Things have changed, we (the eu) no long wants them and they no longer want us.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-09-2019, 07:51 PM

It seems these threads seem to get diverted very easily.

Some leavers use it as a technique to divert from the fact that their previous posts were sabred down.

Farage is presented as a man from the people, but he is for a select few. Same in this matter. Open borders not for everybody, but only a select number of islanders.

Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top