Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 05:30 PM

Re: Think I have failed the DVLA eye test

Well, it takes concentration to drive, doesn't it. There comes a time when it isn't safe to drive for a number of reasons.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Well, it takes concentration to drive, doesn't it. There comes a time when it isn't safe to drive for a number of reasons.
I agree. If you have a problem with your sight then you have to question whether you are safe to drive. It's tough I know and I dread the day when and if I have to take the test. Mind you, I don't think I would choose Specsavers, I would rather go to an independent Opticians, somewhere a bit quieter.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 06:13 PM

Realspeed, you said you went to Specsavers. I suspect the answer lies there.

I have had such tests and, although I too have a small blank area near the centre of vision, that didn't stop me passing the test.

Of course, I went to my local optician where I have been going for years and trust him completely. If I had failed such a test, he would have told me all the details. I'd go to a different optician if I were you.

Incidentally, if you have an area of your peripheral vision in one eye that doesn't pass, I think if you are OK in the other eye there should be no problem. After all, as I understand it, a person with only one good eye is allowed to drive.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 06:43 PM

The dvla specify where you have to go you have no choice
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I have had such tests and, although I too have a small blank area near the centre of vision, that didn't stop me passing the test.

Of course, I went to my local optician where I have been going for years and trust him completely. If I had failed such a test, he would have told me all the details. I'd go to a different optician if I were you.

Incidentally, if you have an area of your peripheral vision in one eye that doesn't pass, I think if you are OK in the other eye there should be no problem. After all, as I understand it, a person with only one good eye is allowed to drive.
That's true.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The dvla specify where you have to go you have no choice
I didn't know that.

Can you contact the DVLA to express your concerns?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 06:53 PM

letter from DVLA

as you can see they dictate where to go, possibly because SS have DVLA approved testing equipment. it goes on to say

" the licencing decision cannot be made by the tester, this lies solely with the DVLA , as does any medical information held by the DVLA"
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

That is what I would suggest JB, I have had a much better service from my local Optician there is no comparison.
My specs are much better quality too the lenses don't fall out every 5 minutes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-09-2019, 06:58 PM

If you fail, you have the right to appeal and to use an independent optician. personally, I would just wait and see what happens, you might be worrying unnecessarily.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

25-09-2019, 07:03 PM

MDEG MEG MEG

this is a DVLA eye test, something your local optician may not be DVLA approved

is your optician on the DVLA test approval list? mine isn't.

Have to say I am sick with worry that I failed. Been driving for 56 years without even a fine of any sort and only 2 accidents not my fault as proved by insurance payouts. Now may be stopped because of an eye test. Don't seem right to me

if I am stopped my existing licence is valid until end of November, is that still valid or cancelled?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top