Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 09:53 AM

Re: NO DEAL better than BAD DEAL

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It has ALWAYS been the case that simply walking away without a deal in the first instance is far better than shackling the country and the UK people to a bad deal with the EU.

It is ever more true today as the Tories attempt to once again regurgitate Teresa Mays's catastrophic deal and push it through albeit with a few amendments.

Boris's deal is in all real sense, May's Deal and would be catastrophic for the UK. To understand why that is, we need to hop over to the BrExit Party Website where everything is outlined. I will post the details below.

In the meantime it must be clearly understood that Boris is imho playing the electorate for fools and attempting to simply get a majority to push through "May's Deal". A deal that has been firmly rejected 3 times already in parliament.

It is NOT BrExit

It is BRINO

Therefore I am not personally fooled any longer by Boris's "pro LEave" rhetoric. He is not to be trusted imho.

Boris seemed Pro Leave until the moment he regurgitated May's awful deal that leaves us in a worse position than we are now.

I can not therefore vote Tory for to do so is actually a vote to
Remain.

In fact I would not be at all surprised if a number of Remainers also vote Tory in order to give them the majority to deliver the fudged BrExit or BRINO. BrExit in name only, leaving us totally shackled for years with no say or veto.

There is now only one party who seriously desire to deliver BrExit and deliver it properly and that is of course the BrExit Party.
We know UK has the right to revoke A50, what the other member states decide on that revocation is not. The complications and conditions inimical.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
If you assume something, and vote on an assumption, this is what you get.
Isn't all voting done on 'Assumption' Solasch?.....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 12:32 PM

Nigel is being bombarded to "think of country first, party second" by his own backers and even some of his own candidates, for fear of letting Compo in by the back door.
He knows his demand of "No Deal" was the price Boris must pay to gain his support was completely unrealistic and it hasn't gone down well within his own party and many Leave voters.

We all know that if there was any chance of Nigel winning a majority vote without the Tories being in the frame, he would gain the backing of most of the country outside of London, but sadly, this is not the case. There is only one opportunity to get Brexit done, and loathe though many of us are not having the choice of voting for the Brexit Party, we must leave the EU, and if that means holding our noses and voting for Boris and the Tory party, so be it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Nigel is being bombarded to "think of country first, party second" by his own backers and even some of his own candidates, for fear of letting Compo in by the back door.
He knows his demand of "No Deal" was the price Boris must pay to gain his support was completely unrealistic and it hasn't gone down well within his own party and many Leave voters.

We all know that if there was any chance of Nigel winning a majority vote without the Tories being in the frame, he would gain the backing of most of the country outside of London, but sadly, this is not the case. There is only one opportunity to get Brexit done, and loathe though many of us are not having the choice of voting for the Brexit Party, we must leave the EU, and if that means holding our noses and voting for Boris and the Tory party, so be it.
I already posted 600 leaflets through peoples doors here in Sudbury on behalf of the Brexit Party and now I have to vote for useless James Cartlidge.

Looks like I now have to hold my nose and vote for him.... deep breath
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I already posted 600 leaflets through peoples doors here in Sudbury on behalf of the Brexit Party and now I have to vote for useless James Cartlidge.

That must be awful Bread, but sadly, like many Brexiteers, you are not alone in having to vote for someone you would not normally dream of ever voting for.
But when at your lowest ebb, think of all of those true Labour supporters outside of Watford, who for generations, have voted for Labour as the only party who cared about the working classes, and how they have been utterly betrayed by that same party. These are the same people that before they were deserted by Labour, would rather cut off their hand than put a cross next to a Tory candidate, or even risk buying a blue car! are now publicly stating that they will be voting for Boris and the Tory Party, as their only hope of us leaving the EU.

I admire Nigel for having the guts to admit that if he continued with his plan to field over 600 candidates, he would cause untold damage to Brexit after a lifetime of trying to achieve it. I know he was being really pressurised by his own team but at least he has wrangled some results from Boris. I truly hope the Brexit Party gain as many seats as possible from the Labour heartlands.

The Remain parties must be crying into their Pret-a-Porter Lattes after this news.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 02:57 PM

Im allready holding mine Bread, its far from ideal but l understand
Nigels reasoning of half a loaf is better than none!
But it seems Boris has outflanked everybody up to now?
However, Nigel has acted in the best intrests of brexit and the
country at large to try to get a sufficient gov majority to enable
some sort of momentum in negotiations!
As you say hopefully he can keep Boris's feet to the fire?
I wont speculate on what Boris might do as l am looking for
positives right now!
Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 03:00 PM

That must be awful Bread, but sadly, like many Brexiteers, you are not alone in having to vote for someone you would not normally dream of ever voting for.
But when at your lowest ebb, think of all of those true Labour supporters outside of Watford, who for generations, have voted for Labour as the only party who cared about the working classes, and how they have been utterly betrayed by that same party. These are the same people that before they were deserted by Labour, would rather cut off their hand than put a cross next to a Tory candidate, or even risk buying a blue car! are now publicly stating that they will be voting for Boris and the Tory Party, as their only hope of us leaving the EU.

I admire Nigel for having the guts to admit that if he continued with his plan to field over 600 candidates, he would cause untold damage to Brexit after a lifetime of trying to achieve it. I know he was being really pressurised by his own team but at least he has wrangled some results from Boris. I truly hope the Brexit Party gain as many seats as possible from the Labour heartlands.

The Remain parties must be crying into their Pret-a-Porter Lattes after this news.
I couldn't agree more.

The Brexit Party have gained a lot of respect for standing down to ensure Brexit, with their "on principle, country before party" decision. Good to hear the support from the Brexit Party too.

As long as labour keep doing crackpot nutty things, then Brexit should be delivered no problem at all. I'm looking forward to seeing the results come in on 12 December.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 03:11 PM

I think youve summed my feelings up accurately SG!
And what you say about Nigel is accurate also!
How many seats is Nigel expected to get?
Regards Donkeyman!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 03:32 PM

Ha, ha ha what did you expect?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-11-2019, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Ha, ha ha what did you expect?
If I had tory candidate who was a leaver as my MP I would have voted for him.

Who are you going to vote for ?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top