Join for free
Page 231 of 370 « First < 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 281 331 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 10:31 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Well they can be seen on my screen. Your two avatars copied in the wrong order
Doesn't matter anyway

Ooer, how strange Floydy. Wonder why you can see them and I can't? Anyway cheeky chops, not to worry. Glad you're feeling better this morning.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 01:49 PM

Happy New Year everyone, nice to see more people taking an interest in their health and fitness in 2019. I was particularly impressed with silver Tabby's contribution....Nice work ST be nice to see more of you...

Sorry to hear about your cold Floydy, I hope it's short lived and you can get back to that mammoth schedule you've got planned. Do you think that your cold might be something to do with the bad cough you had before Christmas, sometimes viruses can hang on for ages and manifest themselves in different ways...

The run around Scarborough turned out to be eight miles Floydy, with a couple of stiff climbs here and there as well as Olivers Mount....
This is the GPS readout for the run.....

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 01:58 PM

Nice running Surfermom, keeping the American end up over the holiday period. I'm jealous of your weather though....
It was just 3*C as I set off in the dark this morning.....Are you sure the world is starting to lean the other way...

Surprisingly my quads were a little stiff this morning which resulted in a slower time than expected over the suburban five mile route, but the going was very dry and firm, and apart from the cold easterly breeze turned out to be an enjoyable outing.....

Work starts on the railway bridge soon so I'll have to add a bit on to my regular five, it's not the extra distance that bothers me, but the fact that I'll have to cross two very busy roads....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 04:24 PM

Back to topic then in here folks

Well done on all that Bob.
I reckon your quads ache more than usual due to the hill running which you perhaps don't do so much of back home? Great run regardless though

Yes mate, I still have my cough too and I'll have to make an appointment for that (if I can get in). been dragging on for weeks now.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 04:26 PM

Struggling with my slightly decreasing head cold, I nevertheless forced myself to get the car out and venture forth in an onwards fashion towards the gym. It ended up not as bad as I anticipated. Despite having the sniffles, I ignored them and focused fully on the first session of my brand new training programme.
As I mentioned in my earlier post, the next two weeks’ workouts will each need fine tuning as I’m unsure about the weights/sets/reps to perform until I do the actual session in question. There are six different workouts altogether over the following two weeks (three per week, with the additional cardio one) therefore every workout will be annotated with my goals to reach for each set until we begin officially in Week #3 with a constructive plan in which my levels will all be set accordingly. i.e. I will have my ideal weights/reps/sets finalised and simply change them each week compatible to my gains and those goals WILL be reached. You’ll get the idea as I post each separate workout.

On my actual template I scribble on at the gym, the table will have the previous session’s figures noted in light grey type so I get better that target and write over it with the new figure.

So it’s basically six different workouts over two weeks (the exercises are swapped around to include them all using the two main routines – the “7’s” and the “40-30-20-10” system), beginning today with the 7’s today.
To recap, Set 1 is the lightest, gradually increasing the weight through each set until a maximum lift on Set#5, then two lighter sets to finish with.

Thursday 3/1/19 Time: 1hr. 20mins.
Week 1/Session 1: “7’s”. 7 sets – light-heavy-light; as many reps as possible.
(All weights in kilogrammes)

DB press (total weight in brackets):
12x44, 10x52, 8x60, 4x68, 4x72
10x56, 15x40
*The figures in brackets are the total lift as one dumbbell is held in each hand but lifted together.

Smith flat bench press:
15x30, 10x40, 10x50, 6x60, 3x70
12x45, 15x30
*That felt about right. I may leave this unchanged next time.

Seated row:
20x35, 15x41, 12x47, 12x53, 10x59
20x41, 25x29
*Far too many reps on this, the weights need to increase next time.

DB bicep flys, 15° incline bench (total weight in brackets):
12x20, 10x24, 8x28, 8x32, 6x36
12x24, 20x16
*As with the first exercise above, two dumbbells are used, so the total weight is shown. These really pull on the inner shoulder muscles (deltoids) and it will be interesting to see how far I can go in future sessions if the reps are lower and the weight heavier.

Arm curl (machine), both arms together:
12x25, 10x30, 8x35, 6x40, 6x45
15x30, 20x20
*Not too bad. May go heavier on the max two lifts next time.

Tricep extensions:
15x30, 12x40, 10x50, 10x60, 8x70
15x45, 25x25
*I’ll add 5kg to each lift next time.

Sled press:
25x120, 20x140, 15x160, 12x180, 10x200
16x150, 25x100
*Obviously normally part of a “legs day”, but I’ll do this one exercise on upper body workouts just to keep the leg muscles ticking over as once a week isn’t enough. Weight on this was spot on and shall remain unchanged.

As you can see, the weights go up to a maximum as the reps go lower, then back down again for the final two sets. I have a few tweaks to make with figures to beat in my next session for this same routine in two weeks time.

Loved all that but I wasn’t at my best today due to the cold. My next upper body session will be on Saturday utilising the 40-30-20-10 method on four major exercises, plus some extra standard lifts to make up the time. A cardio session will take place on Friday, legs Sunday.

Thanks for reading.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 06:57 PM

Glad you're feeling a bit better today Floydy

I went off on my first walk of the year with my walking group thiis morning, did about 4 miles.
Skipped coffee and went to the cinema!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nice running Surfermom, keeping the American end up over the holiday period. I'm jealous of your weather though....
It was just 3*C as I set off in the dark this morning.....Are you sure the world is starting to lean the other way...

Surprisingly my quads were a little stiff this morning which resulted in a slower time than expected over the suburban five mile route, but the going was very dry and firm, and apart from the cold easterly breeze turned out to be an enjoyable outing.....

Work starts on the railway bridge soon so I'll have to add a bit on to my regular five, it's not the extra distance that bothers me, but the fact that I'll have to cross two very busy roads....

Foxy, there was a bit on telly last night about Joggers getting that ' Joggers Nipple.'

It said it is more common in men because the ladies usually wear bra's or better still, sports bra's and this protects the nipple from chafing on their T.shirt.

I have heard about this complaint, but was quite shocked to see how bad it can be. It showed loads of men with their nipples actually bleeding. It looked awful.
One runner said he has scar tissue on his now and it has altered the shape of his nipple.

Have you ever suffered like that? The runners on telly said to put Vaseline on the skin for protection.
I never dreamed it could be that bad.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-01-2019, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Glad you're feeling a bit better today Floydy

Thanks. Still feeling groggy though I'll manage my solitary night at work tonight, then it's the weekend again!

I went off on my first walk of the year with my walking group thiis morning, did about 4 miles.
Skipped coffee and went to the cinema!
Well done on your walk Ruthio I think most of us have now began 2019's exercise. Let's make sure we keep it up.

What film was it?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2019, 10:13 PM

The Favourite (Olivia Coleman as the mad Queen Ann)
Very naughty, very debauched, raunchy, but sad too.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-01-2019, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
The Favourite (Olivia Coleman as the mad Queen Ann)
Very naughty, very debauched, raunchy, but sad too.
I really do rate Olivia Coleman highly, she's a tremendous actress. One to get on DVD I think ☺

Page 231 of 370 « First < 131 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 281 331 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top