Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2010, 09:33 AM

My Money & Finance

Money & Finance. Mmmmm.. I don't have either! I can easily nanage the $10 I have in my wallet. That will buy a gallon of milk, a dozen x-large eggs & a loaf of day old bread, plus a couple of bananas.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2010, 11:47 AM

Re: My Money & Finance

I thought you retired and worked for a large chip maker - shouldn't you have a big fat pension Bob?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2010, 01:20 PM

Re: My Money & Finance

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I thought you retired and worked for a large chip maker - shouldn't you have a big fat pension Bob?
Intel shut the plant down because it was too old. At 61 I was too young to actually retire. I'm getting a nice separation package but no pension. In my 4 years there I put away about $22,000 in my retirement fund which I can claim a month after the official shut-down date of August 01. Between the separation package & 401k plan I'm hoping to pay off my car. I'll try and keep the big bike but it won't be easy as all the income I'll have is unemployment checks of about $350 a week. The bike payment is $310 a month.

So officially I'm not retired but unemployed & not looking for a job. I'll exist on unemployment until May of 2011 when I turn 62 and can begin drawing Social Security($1365) and 2 small pension checks from two former employers. McDonald Douglas and Boeing Aircraft.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top