Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 11:01 AM

Australian Floods

I thought that things were easing for our Aussie cousins weatherwise, but watching the morning news it seems that the floods are continuing unabated.
Most of us I`m sure have family and friends somewhere in that beautiful country, and I`d like to offer my commiserations to all that have been affected by these terrible events.
I hope that things improve very soon for you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 04:41 PM

Re: Australian Floods

Yes. it seems to be getting worse, I still find it hard to visualise an area of flooding greater than the whole of Germany & France combined, that gives an idea of scale and must make rescue operations very difficult.

I send sympathy to all those effected. I hope that the situation will improve soon.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 04:47 PM

They services must be stretched, I know they were extremely stretched when the bridges collapsed in West Cumbria.

My thoughts and prayers go to those involved and those families who have relatives and friends missing.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 07:41 PM

My thoughts and sympathy go out to all those affected by these terrifying floods, water can be so destructive.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 07:58 PM

I'm saddened to see the loss of life and the suffering caused by flooding to our Australian friends, I pray the destruction will ease without further loss of life.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 08:17 PM

I saw a news report earlier where cars were rolling down the roads - I would hate to be in the path of that!

I hope things ease up soon for all those affected.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 10:37 PM

A tragic situation, and my thoughts are with all affected...so much devastation caused by water....
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 11:34 PM

Saw it on the News earlier and it is horrendous. Thoughts going to all those affected by it.
gateau
central queensland
gateau is male  gateau has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2011, 12:19 AM

Well folks calling from central Queensland, Ipswich and Brisbane are coping massive walls of water and the flood level is expected to top the 1974 flood that devastated Brisbane.
At this time of the year we get the monsoon trough between Australia and Indonesia which generates a great deal of rain and flooding across northern Australia, now all that water flows south through the river system through to south Australia, under normal conditions some of those river system would be dry, however this year we have already had above average rain so those rivers are full, now, with this second big dump of rain there is nowhere for it to go and its spreading out across the state inundating every small town and city in its wake, believe me folks we are doing it tough down here.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2011, 09:38 PM

I noticed on the news this afternoon that another flood surge is due for about 4.00am our time Thursday. I do hope there will be no more loss of life. I am wondering where all the people will go to be safe when they have lost evertything and things are getting worse. What a desperate situation to be in. We might moan in England, but we have nothing on the scale of what the Queenslanders are going through at the moment. I hope it will begin to ease off very soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top