Join for free
Page 14 of 65 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 02:52 PM

Re: I am all worn out

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
'Absolutely, without a doubt.'

He came through the front door dongle, but looked a little nervous when he saw me lock it behind him.
I told him I was also pinning him to the wall with me fondue fork until I got answers - truly I did.
He actually laughed, and I guess that broke the ice and I think we got on better after that.

I also told him if he didn't get his report right this time, I'd be after him. He'll probably write he has been back to that eccentric old biddy with all the dogs, again.
Time will tell, but if he writes things I didn't agree to this time, I will have his guts for garters!

I was in M & S this morning and saw they have a surprising selection of 'mini-meals for one.'
Twink said about using throw-away dishes and plates because I will have no sink to wash up in, so these little meals will do me OK, as long as I can plug my microwave in somewhere, then I can just eat them out of the plastic tray thing.
I will manage for myself, it is going to be a little more tricky to feed the pooches and wash their bowls up in the little bathroom wash basin, but I will get used to it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have boxed her up, and she will be on the 4.30 express from Northampton. I've labelled the box -
"Little Monster for Mags.
S.W. UK."

Let me know when you've found her please.

Now then. Any offers for Naughty Nellie?
If only that were true
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
If only that were true

Ah, but when you found half the contents of your house hidden away under her mattress, you'd soon send her packing.

She is a kleptomaniac, (damnations, I shouldn't have told you). Even the other day when the carpenter was here, the second he went out to his van for something she went pilfering in his toolbox and I found her hiding the lid of his tube of filler under her mattress.
Still, the good news is, you'd always know where to look.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 03:09 PM

He came through the front door dongle, but looked a little nervous when he saw me lock it behind him.
I told him I was also pinning him to the wall with me fondue fork until I got answers - truly I did.
He actually laughed, and I guess that broke the ice and I think we got on better after that.

I also told him if he didn't get his report right this time, I'd be after him. He'll probably write he has been back to that eccentric old biddy with all the dogs, again.
Time will tell, but if he writes things I didn't agree to this time, I will have his guts for garters!

I was in M & S this morning and saw they have a surprising selection of 'mini-meals for one.'
Twink said about using throw-away dishes and plates because I will have no sink to wash up in, so these little meals will do me OK, as long as I can plug my microwave in somewhere, then I can just eat them out of the plastic tray thing.
I will manage for myself, it is going to be a little more tricky to feed the pooches and wash their bowls up in the little bathroom wash basin, but I will get used to it.
It was me that suggested throw away plates... but I am afraid the dogs would eat them!
For the dogs dishes, get a big washing up bowl and something to stand it on (you could put it in your bath if you can bend over that far to wash them). Put a kettle full of hot water and a jug of cold ( or even use the bath taps to fill it), with whatever you normally use to wash them... and just do them one at a time. That will stop you damaging your wash basin.
Nellie says " Can you make a job lot of biscuits before the cooker disappears... otherwise you will need to buy extra strawberries!"
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 03:13 PM

Ah, but when you found half the contents of your house hidden away under her mattress, you'd soon send her packing.

She is a kleptomaniac, (damnations, I shouldn't have told you). Even the other day when the carpenter was here, the second he went out to his van for something she went pilfering in his toolbox and I found her hiding the lid of his tube of filler under her mattress.
Still, the good news is, you'd always know where to look.
I think she would amuse me for hours
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-07-2017, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It was me that suggested throw away plates... but I am afraid the dogs would eat them!
For the dogs dishes, get a big washing up bowl and something to stand it on (you could put it in your bath if you can bend over that far to wash them). Put a kettle full of hot water and a jug of cold ( or even use the bath taps to fill it), with whatever you normally use to wash them... and just do them one at a time. That will stop you damaging your wash basin.
Nellie says " Can you make a job lot of biscuits before the cooker disappears... otherwise you will need to buy extra strawberries!"

That's a good idea Twink, I'll use a washing up bowl for the dog dishes, and fill it from the shower. I haven't got a bath, only a wet room, but that'll do.
This is going to be like a sort of 'camping' but indoors.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 03:53 PM

That's a good idea Twink, I'll use a washing up bowl for the dog dishes, and fill it from the shower. I haven't got a bath, only a wet room, but that'll do.
This is going to be like a sort of 'camping' but indoors.
I have had to do things like this a few times, and you will be surprised how quickly you get into a new routine.
See if you can get a couple of tea chests too, they will be great for storing things that you don't need and it is a good idea to wrap any precious ornaments too. When you try to live in less space things can easily get broken, so they are safer stored, well wrapped, in a secure container.
See if a local friend or your son can help with them! They may even have somewhere they could store them for you.

Remember you mustn't light a fire to cook sausages when camping indoors!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 04:32 PM

I used cardboard plates for about a year when I lived on my own.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 05:45 PM

As well as getting everything written down you ought to consider taping your conversations just in case the written report gets lost in translation.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 06:24 PM

No idea if you're still looking to go away Mups, but I've just come across this place which welcomes as many dogs as you like:
Do you take multiple dogs?
Yes, that's fine.
How much are dogs?
There is no charge for dogs
My dog is a staffie?
We welcome all breeds at Bed and BasketŪ
Do you have an enclosed area?
No, we have two. AND you have an enclosed patio area with a dog shower.
My dog sits on the sofa.
That's fine, just use one of the throws provided.
Where is this dog heaven?
Near St Austell in Cornwall.
www.bedandbasket.co.uk

Page 14 of 65 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top