Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 04:57 PM

Mobile phones

How many do you have in the home?

A neighbour had the police knocking on our door today before they were going to break into the house simply because her OH had her mobile and he is in Austria and not answering it.

They asked if I knew where she was and I said yes, she is having a cup of tea in our kitchen.

Her brother and Aunts had been trying to contact her for nearly a week and could get no answer from her mobile.

Make sure you have YOUR mobile and dont let police have wasted journeys.

Are you sure that you have the right one?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 05:24 PM

Re: Mobile phones

We only have one mobile at our house Antibrown and it is hardly ever used. Even if I carry it I hardly ever notice if it rings. I only got it for emergencies and to be honest it is hardly worth having it, but its only a pay-as-you-go so it costs next to nothing. Nobody worries if I don't answer it - they know what I'm like
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 05:54 PM

My wife and I each have a mobile but, like Aerolor, we only have them for emergencies. They are both pay and go phones and personally I think that I`ve used around six pounds credit in the last year, mainly replying to occasional texts from the children. I have the children in the phone address book as ICE numbers (In Case of Emergency) so that the police, or whoever, know who to call if we are incapacitated. Now if only I could remember to keep the b****y thing charged up....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 08:19 PM

Most people I know have a mobile each - they're so handy that it's worth it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Most people I know have a mobile each - they're so handy that it's worth it.
My OH refuses to have one Azz. He says he doesn't need a mobile phone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 09:21 PM

We both have a mobile phone but my OH only uses his if I phone him!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 10:34 PM

As there's only me, just one mobile phone. I take it everywhere I go, just in case of emergencies.......
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 11:33 PM

I have one and use that mostly as opposed to my BT landline as it is cheaper for me to use!! I get about 300 calls for £10 per month! I don't use text messages!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2011, 11:35 PM

My husband and I both have mobiles, I use mine a lot every day for calls and texting and taking photos, it's on a monthly contract so I make sure I get my money's worth. My husband has a pay as you go and uses it to make the odd call but when ever I try to contact him he never has it on him and I hear it ringing in the house!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2011, 10:17 AM

I'm another that has just a pay as you go job. Its switched off most of the time,as I hardly ever use it. As the others say,its just for emergencies. By the way, I've never texted in my life,have'nt go a clue how to!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top