Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2011, 08:32 AM

Taunting Thursday

Good Morning everyone

A busy day today, the carpet fitters are coming, it is the last job and finishes off our pre-VAT rise spending. Hopefully nothing else will need doing for a long time. Since I retired we have spent more than I earned in the last two years of working, the coffers are low but 'she who must be obeyed' is happy.

It is warmer today than yesterday so maybe

Have a wonderful day and spare a thought for friends of over50,s who have not been visiting us lately and wish them well.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2011, 09:19 AM

Re: Taunting Thursday

Good morning AB and all to follow. Very mild here in the Midlands this morning and looks to be holding dry, in which case I think that I will turn the compost heaps for a little exercise after lunch. Walkies with Fido first this morning and then I am cooking liver and onions for lunch...yum yum

Have a great day and take care.
Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2011, 10:18 AM

Good mourning all! I spent time yesterday running around in the rain before hooking up with a financial advisor setting up a retirement fund to invest my life savings, $10,000. That's a paltry amount but the only chunk of money I've ever had. He tells me that in a good year I can make as much as $500, which is less than a month's rent. Doesn't that make you just want to throw up? It won't take much of a crisis to wipe me out. Getting old should be illegal, punishable by a long jail sentence in a cell with a view, which is more than I have now, living in an apartment the size of that advisor's office.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2011, 12:08 PM

Good Morning AB, Barry, Bob and Everyone and hope everyone will enjoy their day.

It is dull damp and dreich up here but I am def not complaining - better that than snow!!

Take care all and stay safe

Love the gifs AB Has anyone ever heard how Nero is? I often think of him and wonder where he is now!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2011, 01:25 PM

Hello OFFers!

It's another dark and damp day here, January is such a dreary month isn't it

I had a 9.00am appointment at the hairdresser's this morning, not very good when I didn't get to sleep until gone 4.00am Made it in time though and was soon revived with a cup of black coffee

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing...
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2011, 05:11 PM

Carpets laid, furniture back in place, curtains changed now it is time for a nice cup of tea and a Ham and Tomato sandwich and a relaxing chair where I can chill out.

Bob, investment these days is not very rewarding, much better spending money on your direct needs and waiting for the interest rates to rise again, probably next year.

Rosemary I did send a PM to Nero but had no response.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2011, 05:38 PM

Sunny, blustery, still below normal: minus 4 (26 F), wind chill minus 8. Winter is just dragging on. No plans for the day, too cold to go out so just pottering. At least the last storm missed us: terrivbe in New York and New England,
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Good mourning all! I spent time yesterday running around in the rain before hooking up with a financial advisor setting up a retirement fund to invest my life savings, $10,000. That's a paltry amount but the only chunk of money I've ever had. He tells me that in a good year I can make as much as $500, which is less than a month's rent.
It`s true what you`re saying Bob, and many of us are in the same situation with too much life left at the end of the money. But if that guy can really get you 5% then snatch his hand off, because it`s a good 2% more that anything on offer around here!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top