Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2011, 02:54 PM

Re: What am I doing????

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
"Brave"? Mags, no, more like completely barmy!!!

Rainbow
I see you are the "act and think later" type of person, Rainbow!
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2011, 03:15 PM

Hello dragon, Yes, it is very hard not to intervene sometimes where wildlife is concerned (there is a recent separate thread regarding this). However, I evaluate the situation and 'tread carefully' so to speak.

Regards,
Rainbow
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2011, 03:19 PM

Mags,

I do look to try and summarise really fast, knowing that I am going in there!!!
Then keeping focussed and evaluating what I am doing, though at times my mind is saying: YIKES!

Rainbow
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2011, 04:01 PM

I go out into the wild a lot to take wildlife photos for future art works, & have seen nature at her finest and cruelest (what we would consider cruel), and it is never easy to prepare for all that might happen. came way too close a few times. Just be careful out there.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2011, 06:36 PM

As you now know what a grass snake looks like Rainbow you know it can't hurt you. Lucky you for finding one. If you ever come across another you could put him in the nearest compost heap or pile of grass cuttings, maybe where it can be near to water - They frequently hibernate and any warmth from the compost/grass heap will help him and give him the best chance of taking care of himself in cold weather. Just to add, the grass snake is protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
As you now know what a grass snake looks like Rainbow you know it can't hurt you. Lucky you for finding one. If you ever come across another you could put him in the nearest compost heap or pile of grass cuttings, maybe where it can be near to water - They frequently hibernate and any warmth from the compost/grass heap will help him and give him the best chance of taking care of himself in cold weather. Just to add, the grass snake is protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act.
Well put Aerolor..
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2011, 10:38 PM

Rainbow, I couldn't have done what you did, it would have been quick look and run for me, but pleased all turned out well in the end........

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top