Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2011, 09:48 PM

Re: 10 Pet Requests

You do realise you lot, don't you, that when I have my Jenny it will be thanks to you?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 10:47 AM

I am so glad that you were able to talk this out. This forum has been a lifeline to me more than once. I am sure you are doing the right thing as you are going into this with your eyes wide open. Best of luck do keep us posted lots of love and best wishes to you and Jenny, Kate.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 03:17 PM

Not sure about the heaven bit , it was more like hell last night in my room.... Phoebe was up and about at 1-45 for a pee, then at 6 am for a look around the garden, persuaded her to return to bed and she managed another half hour and then decided it was time we were both up.Some nights are made for fun!.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 03:20 PM

Thats the trouble with these light mornings you cannot blag your way out of getting out of bed by pretending it is the middle of the night.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 03:29 PM

Not when the dog rules you cant.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 09:52 PM

Thanks again. I've been out all day in Poole Park, what a lovely day. The rescue centre has a once a month event where they show their homeless dogs and it's tomorrow morning! I am actually going to see her!
Husband still moody, who cares? I am insisting he drives me there.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2011, 10:12 PM

Thanks for that CC. Have read it before, but still pulls at my heart strings.

Maryl, have read all the posts about 'your Jenny', and really hope everything turns out well for you-fingers crossed! A Resuce Centre is not the ideal place for a 13 year old dog to be in-she needs her home comforts at her time of life!!!
maryl
UK

02-07-2011, 11:07 AM

We didn't go to the centre this morning afterall. I was up early and ready to go but my husband is so moody about it all that there's no way I could eventually bring Jenny or any dog here with him like this so that's it, it wouldn't be fair on her. They've told me on the phone this morning that because she is an oldie, she is not actually in their kennels but with foster parents until she finds her forever home, she will stay with them until that time comes, that helps me a lot knowing she's happy. I will sit with this for a while and then think about how else I can get a dog in my life. Kate's idea is a good one, later on I might ask my husband if he would be OK with fostering or being a host instead. Not yet though, in a month or so? Thanks for all your support and for understanding. This forum is a good place to be
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

02-07-2011, 11:31 AM

Maryl, this is a good place to be.
Maybe having Jenny was not meant to be it could be that there is a younger dog out there who really needs you and would stay with you a bit longer. Meanwhile build a kennel and send your husband to the dog house.
maryl
UK

02-07-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Meanwhile build a kennel and send your husband to the dog house.
You've taken the words right out of my mouth!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top