Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 09:16 PM

car crash we passed today

Caught on my dashcam this afternoon on the way to the hospital

when will they ever learn, this road is marked up as 60mph when 20mph is really the fastest one can go down it

I actually hate going along that road, all twists and blind bends. That is just a small section of it and the go like the want to meet their maker, absolutely crazy speeds. wouldn't surprise me if he even tried to overtake
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 11:29 PM

Re: car crash we passed today

It will be posted at 60 because that is the national speed limit for single carriageways in the UK.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 11:33 PM

Here you go:

'Speed limits are generally 30mph in urban areas, 60mph on main single-carriageway roads and 70mph on dual carriageways and motorways'.

I agree, it is inviting trouble on a country lane like that though.
You'd never stop in time if a couple of cyclists or horse riders were around the next bend.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 11:29 AM

That road looks like a three lane motorway compared to some of the roads here in Devon. I agree, the National speed limit is way out of date and needs to b changed. 30/40 on country roads and 80 on certain stretches of motorway.
fuzzy finker
Kent, UK
fuzzy finker is male  fuzzy finker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 03:56 PM

I live in a country area and the way a lot of the idiots drive around here never ceased to amaze me and it seems to be getting worse too...

I had a Mercedes saloon flash his lights at me to speed up as we came into our village last week, so I dropped my speed to about 20 mph and let him sit there until I turned off. Good job I don't have a tow bar or he'd have been hooked on it he was that close...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by fuzzy finker ->
I live in a country area and the way a lot of the idiots drive around here never ceased to amaze me and it seems to be getting worse too...

I had a Mercedes saloon flash his lights at me to speed up as we came into our village last week, so I dropped my speed to about 20 mph and let him sit there until I turned off. Good job I don't have a tow bar or he'd have been hooked on it he was that close...
We get a car crash locally about once a week and it's nearly always young drivers who think they are at Le Mans but unfortunately, can't handle the car as well as they would like to think. No one ever stops them though.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top